Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 120 cities across 15 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region.
- Leading the Record to report section (RTR) in Finance shared services/FSS. The RTR section overlooks the accounting operations for booking of Supplier accruals, fixed assets accounting and maintenance of accurate FAR, treasury operations including banking reconciliations for multiple bank accounts globally
- Finalization of the supplier Accruals in the month-end closing process. This requires comprehensive planning coordination and timely execution with Careems accounting managers based in different geographical regions.
- Banking Reconciliations
- For accurate and timely delivery of goals, communicating and engaging with the head quarters and also regional accounting teams
- Guidance, mentoring and Performance management of the RTR team
- Qualified Accountant with minimum 3 years of post qualification experience
- Demonstrated thorough user and working knowledge of Financial systems in Oracle ERP
- Drive and manage team on the achievement of quality, accuracy, and timely delivery of services in accordance to defined SLAs/KPIs
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment with aggressive timelines
- Creative thinker to solve novel problems while supporting the business
- Solid verbal and written communication skills in English are a must
- People manager with past experience of managing a team with direct reports.