Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 120 cities across 15 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region.
Team and Responsibilities
- Responsible to identify potential risks and gaps in Finance and accounting processes.
2. Implementing relevant controls for accuracy and completeness of corporate financial statements and reports.
3. Providing remediation action in deficient areas.
4. Supervising and detecting potential areas with risks and weak controls and suggesting fixes and process improvements.
5. Reviewing of transactional activities processed by a company’s IT system and individuals.
6. Assuring compliance with IFRS & accounting principles.
- Deep processes and controls knowledge in order to provide recommendation on controls/processes rationalization and risk assessment.
2. Implementing relevant controls for accuracy, completeness and disclosure of corporate financial reports.
3. Reviewing system access roles for users to assure proper Segregation of Duties.
4. Performing annual walk through, while overseeing existing processes to ensure each has risks
5. Applying remediation plan in
6. Supporting external, internal audit
7. Ensuring compliance with internal policies, controls and further corporate
8. Providing advisory to the operational teams
University Degree (e.g. in Business Administration, Accounting/Finance)
Minimum 3 years of professional work experience in accounting, auditing, with
Compliance focused experience is required
Ability to work with policies, ordinance and given deadlines
Extensive IFRS knowledge is required
Ability to work independently, with prioritizing and multi-tasking skills
Proactive and strong analytical skills
Project and process change management skills
Meeting aggressive timelines