Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater ME. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation.
Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 130 cities across 15 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region and host over 30 million users.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a manager at Careem, your primary role is to help your team reach its maximum potential through mentorship, staying engaged with our current projects, participating in design and technical decisions, and helping the team overcome any challenges that we encounter. While you won't be coding on a day-to-day basis, you should be comfortable with providing technical guidance when necessary.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead a team of software engineers in implementing high quality services including design, development, and deployment of new business functionality.
- Allocate available resources to meet operating objectives. Interacts with direct reports, customers and peers to share information and improve cross-departmental processes.
- Assist your teams in developing roadmaps for system and product growth, then identify, plan, and execute projects to support that growth
- Strong ability to coach developers, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers
- Experience solving large-scale engineering challenges
Encourages and supports others to take on responsibility, authority, and accountability.
- You have strong software engineering skills with strong competencies in design & architecture.
- Deep understanding of how to build scalable distributed systems.
- Experience of leading software engineering teams.
- Strong advocate of software engineering best practices and bring a disciplined approach to testing, continuous delivery, and reducing technical debt
- You are experienced at hiring, mentoring, and retaining junior and senior engineers alike.
- You care about value alignment, and are deliberate about instilling strong team culture
- You are a effective and congenial communicator with both technical and non-technical team members.
- Demonstrate ability to run and improve technical development processes.