Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of theregion’s ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform toinclude payments, delivery and mass transportation. Careem’s mission is to simplifyand improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 120 cities across 15 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region 🌎
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for exceptional people to help bring payments to the region and live the values of Careem as part of our mission to simplify and improve lives and build an awesome organization that inspires, standing as a world-class institution from the region, for the region. This role will lead our captain business domain globally
- Drive Careem PAY’s captain strategy and execution across its footprint in 15 countries
- Financials: P&L responsibility (overall) for captain domain; monitoring the captain business from all commercial aspects
- Strategy and execution plans: Build the overall strategy and the associated execution plan to acquire captains as customers of Careem PAY. Work with Supply/Finance/Product/Merchant teams to lead market segmentation and ideate products.
- Growth & Engagement: Serve RH/NOW/BUS needs by creating scalable, flexible solutions for captain payouts and enable use cases for the captain wallet. Drive engagement through improving experience and loyalty programmes.
- Stakeholder management: Lead discussions and manage relationships with several internal and external stakeholders including Supply, Finance, Product, Country GMs, third party business partners, banks, payment schemes and other
- Leadership: Build and manage a team locally
- Marketing & Brand: Work with cross functional teams to market key uses cases to captains
- Technology: Work with Product Development and Engineering on building products and ensure development and evolution of technology platforms are in line with requirements and in compliance with local regulations
- Operations: Setup and management of ongoing operations
- Compliance: Work with cross functional teams to secure regulatory approvals in markets where we desire to operate captain wallets
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or Business
- Experience with leading of a commercial role within the digital B2C or B2B space. Understanding of RH Supply (specifically Captain’s needs) strongly preferred.
- Highly entrepreneurial and hands-on – ability to get things done by rolling up his/her sleeves and with minimal resources. Highly adaptable and abilty to find practical solutions.
- Strong leadership skills – ability to build and lead teams to move fast
- Stakeholder management – strong negotiation skills and ability to influence at all levels
- Sound understanding of local market trends and needs - commerical acumen to spot opportunities and convert ideas into products
- Sound understanding of revenue and cost drivers
- Ability to balance strategic, commerical and operational considerations in assessing options and arriving at recommendations
- Understanding of the payments ecosystem and appreciation of new technologies preferred
- Strong commercial negotiations skills
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
We’re looking for someone who can take ownership, who is of service and who shoots to the moon and beyond. Is this you? We’re looking forward to seeingyour application! 🚀
What do we offer you? Working in an international environment with colleagues from 70+ nationalities, a flat hierarchy, flexible working hours, unlimited (paid!) holidays and, the latest technologies and full ownership!
#YallaLetsGo #Careem #BeCareem #ToTheMoon