Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation.
Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 120 cities across 15 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region.
About the role
We are looking for an AGM to unlock demand in Erbil. In this role, you will be expected to explore, test, and deliver on new growth levers for Careem Iraq working closely with the different teams in Iraq including Demand, Operations, Sales, and Partnerships. The person in this post has an opportunity to make a tremendous impact on the trajectory of the Iraqi market.
In this role, the AGM will work closely with the different teams in Iraq to lead growth initiatives, strengthen market share, and challenge our strategies to continue to win in our markets.
- Support the General Manager of Iraq in developing market strategies, setting quarterly objectives, and leading key projects
- Own the growth and excellence of Erbil g working closely with the dedicated demand and supply teams by:
- Leading strategic planning for demand and supply with the Marketing and Operations team leads; both long term and short term
- Overseeing and managing the performance of the market, with a strong focus on growth initiatives (including growth cities, new verticals, digital optimization, etc)
- Owning the relevant P&Ls
- Develop strategies for each of the growth cities and initiatives through a thorough understanding of the dedicated team’s efforts and progress
- Build relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally, including suppliers and partners in growth markets
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, a strong sense of curiosity and urgency to get things done, and a clear alignment with our core values: ownership, be of service and shoot to the moon. Additional qualifications include:
- Strategic thinker with strong commercial acumen and a strong analytical approach
- Fast learner in dynamic roles (i.e., this role will be responsible for demand, operations, partnerships, commercials, etc)
- Strong do-er, proactive personality to take ownership and lead what needs to be done
- Speaks fluent English and Kurdish and Arabic
- Humble and hungry to learn something new
- Great team fit; very collaborative and always works on raising the bar
Minimum of 5-8 years of experience in below :
- Exposure to customer-centric experiences with the ability to challenge demand and growth initiatives
- Experience in a leadership role at a dynamic organization
- Managed high level stakeholders (within the organization or through external partners)
Great to have:
- Experience in Erbil city and the governmental affairs
- Digital experience
- Product management experience