Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride- hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires.
Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 130 cities across 15 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region and host over 30 million users.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Are you a revolutionary architect who loves to solve IT challenges? Can you create game changing solutions? Do you want to join the MENA banking revolution? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As a Solutions Architect, you will be part of our amazing Solutions Architecture team who guide CareemPAY on implementing new technology platforms. These platforms will enhance our ability to provide a world class service to our customers and create fans. You will work closely with the Head of Engineering and other amazing leaders across the business, to make sure we are utilising the best technologies out there in alignment with our architectural principles and policies.
- Derive target architecture from company and product strategy
- Align with product management about high level requirements, document and communicate them to relevant stakeholder
- Support development teams in designing systems to meet functional and non-functional infrastructure requirements
- Define, enforce and maintain the architecture governance and strategy
- Define the architecture guidelines and patterns to support engineering teams
- Document and communicate application architecture
- 10+ years of relevant IT experience
- 3+ years of work experience as an Architect
- Has good understanding in software development methodologies (Agile methodologies e.g. Scrum, BDD, XP)
- Have fundamental project management knowledge
- Have experience in leading a small team for project implementation
- Excellent communication, documentation and interpersonal skills
- Comfort backing ideas up with logic and data.
- Team players who thrive in uncertainty and like to “make things happen”!
- Have track records of building transactional systems at scale
- AWS Solutions Architect Associate certification
Good to Have
- You have strong subject matter experience in regards to payments and monetizing digital products at scale
- You are familiar with the Open Banking standard
- You have been exposed to agile at scale frameworks (SAFe, LeSS)
- Have basic understanding of Architectural Frameworks (TOGAF, Zachman)
- Embrace agile architecture approach.