Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation
Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 120 cities across 15 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region
About the Role
We're looking for a skilled, motivated Content Executive to join the dynamic Content Team to ideate, create and execute content that will help define, articulate, and scale the rapidly-evolving brand. The ideal candidate will have relevant copywriting experience relating to media and marketing collateral for consumer brands - strong consideration will be given for FMCG experience. Due to Careem’s focus on being a local brand, we’re looking for someone with a flair for both English and Urdu. As is the nature of the industry, the candidate will also have to be familiar with social media marketing and the application of content on media – both digital and otherwise. They will be a strategic thinker with a passion for turning consumer insights into creative articulation. The scope of the position will include:
Working closely with both the national and regional marketing teams to curate innovative content in both English and Urdu, that aligns with marketing goals and campaigns. Manage and execute a robust content calendar that is on point and relevant always. Curate communications on ATL, BTL, Digital, CRM along with marketing collateral, including videos and articles.
Understand how to calibrate tone of voice within the brand framework. Lead brand's tone of voice across the business to ensure all content & copy is on-brand and consistent in terms of style and quality.
Working alongside the management, be it Content, Marketing, Social Media, Brand or Creative, to support marketing campaigns, partnerships and events. Recommend creative content strategies to support restaurant marketing efforts. Work with regional stakeholders for best content practices.
• 1-2 years of relevant experience
• Sharp, creative copywriting skills
• Command over written and verbal communication in English and Urdu
• Proven ability to successfully develop, and execute multi-channel content copy
• Experience with social media, including execution and platform-specific content
• Independent, proactive and critical thinking skills.
• Communication Guru, up to date with the latest trends/events
• Good team player, organized and good attention to detail
• Experience in a high growth consumer-oriented startup a plus
• Exemplary work ethic, able to work with autonomy