Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of theregion’s ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform toinclude payments, delivery and mass transportation. Careem’s mission is to simplifyand improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 120 cities across 15 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region 🌎
ABOUT THE ROLE
- To track the overall business strategy and analyze opportunities for growth
- Help build the market strategy by breaking market’s overall targets into baby step goals
- Improve reporting tools by building automated dashboards to provide better visibility to all departments and cities
- Act as a focal point of contact for colleagues with business intelligence / data queries, liaising various teams and departments daily and maintaining data and KPI definition
- Generate insights that drive better decision making across different teams OKRs/targets
- Identify opportunities of growth through rigorous data analysis.
- Analyze performance against targets and budgets and provide recommendations to relevant parties
- Manage team of business analysts and their work streams
- Ability to get hands-on in a complex operational environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with aggressive timelines
- Strong analytical skills and passionate to work with large sets of data
- Must be process oriented and a logical thinker with a good attention to detail
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot problems and work collaboratively within a team environment
- Experience working within the tech industry/start-up environment is highly desirable
- Proficiency in SQL and Excel. Experience with working against large amounts of data and building data pipelines. Programming experience in R or Python is a plus
- Experience working with multiple Business Intelligence tools, especially Tableau building reports and dashboards
- Passionate about learning new technologies and working on a product of massive scale and impact.
- Educated to BS/MS level (or equivalent) within a subject relevant to the position such as Computer science or Engineering with at least 3-4 years of experience
What do we offer you? Working in an international environment with colleagues from 70+ nationalities, a flat hierarchy, flexible working hours, unlimited (paid!) holidays and, the latest technologies and full ownership!
#YallaLetsGo #Careem #BeCareem #ToTheMoon