Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 120 cities across 15 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region 🌎.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Head of outsource operations is one of the most critical roles in Careem NOW, Careem’s newly launched delivery business. The key responsibilities include consistently improving customer experience, maintaining an efficient operation and ensuring effective stakeholder management.
The main KPI’s for this role are win- back rate of Customers (%age of customers who place and order after an interaction with Care), NPS (Customers, Captains and Merchants) and monthly budget compliance.
This role will provide an outstanding experience of strategic and operational perspective of running an outsourced operation that can lead to potential senior leadership roles in the future.
- Operations Management: Manage daily outsourced operations with the help of existing team which consists of full time colleagues and outsourced partners. This will involve:
- Effectively managing the team, assigning accountabilities, monitoring results and taking corrective actions
- Ensuring that full capacity of outsource operation is utilized efficiently with minimum complaints
- Setup new and improve current outsourced operations to scale quickly, enhance quality and decrease costs
- People and Process Improvement: Develop people and processes to help scale NOW while improving efficiency:
- Developing and enhancing the customer interfaces as well as internal tools used to serve customers, Captains and Merchants
- Consistently evaluating competition across the E-commerce industry to benchmark, incorporate best practices and utilize latest technology developments
- Use different channels to understand customer feedback and implement action steps to improve the experience and support product development
- Stakeholder Management: Ensure that all outsourced vendors are delivering best quality at lowest cost through:
- Liaising and collaborating with different teams across the organization to set up the right processes and tools
- Creating and managing relationships with all relevant team membersto ensure timely and quality data availability
- Ensure all internal (GM’s, Domain heads) and external stakeholders (Vendors) are fully aware of performance, buy into the operations strategy and support in execution where needed
Key Skills Required:
- The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative.
- 7+ years of experience in leading teams; 3+ in managing and or setting up large contact centers
- Ability to lead both strategic and operational thinking and drive key insights
- Experience working within the technology industry/start-up environment preferred
- Ability to work with senior leaders and maintain a view on the bigger picture – but also get hands-on and execution-oriented in a complex operational environment
- Ability to influence people at all levels across multiple functions to drive projects to completion and implementation
- Project management ability, including managing work streams, teams and timelines to drive a project to completion
- High level of ownership and ability to work independently with limited monitoring / guidance
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with aggressive timelines
- Languages: Require above average capabilities in written/spoken English. Arabic will be an added advantage