Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation.
Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 120 cities across 15 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region
We are looking for a dynamic Assistant General Manager to take Lahore to the next level providing high quality services, social impact, and attracting exceptional talent. The person in this post has an opportunity to make a tremendous impact on the region and the trajectory of the company.
- Own the growth strategy for the market and lead its implementation
- Manage the product to best meet the evolving needs of the market
- Build deep relationships with key stakeholders, including regulators and suppliers
- Secure big partnerships that could change the game in the market
- Manage the P&L of the market and set/achieve ambitious targets
- Build and lead an aggressive, bold, and highly operational team
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative. He/she can think strategically one minute and roll-up his/her sleeves the next minute to excite drivers, turnaround upset customers, charm a partner CEO, and deliver outstanding growth. Additional qualifications include:
- Experience in a leadership role at a dynamic organisation
- Target driven and ability to drive meeting of very aggressive targets
- Strong commercial sense, sharp problem solver and ability to get things done
- Strong business development and relationship building skills
- Experience working/living in Lahore
- MBA from a leading business school