Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people lives?
At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 115+ cities across 15+ countries and host over 33 million users. Read more about us here and here.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for software engineers to join our team of talented engineers that share a common interest in distributed backend systems, their scalability and continued development.
You will be responsible for the software architecture, design and development of the software systems that make-up the Careem NOW engine. These large scale, distributed systems handle everything from user requests to payment processing.
Key responsibilities include:
- Software architecture and design of our distributed backend system to meet the challenging functional, scalability and reliability requirements for our fast growing business.
- Integrate components into a fully functional & validated system
- Develop and implement software verification and quality assurance procedures
- Document designs and review code
- Continuously strive for higher quality and productivity
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative.
- Experience in multi-tiered distributed systems, web services, APIs, and relational & NoSQL databases
- Extensive backend programming experience in one or more of the following: PHP, Go, Java, C/C++, Python
- Ability to: effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions; deal with loosely defined problems and fast changing requirements & think abstractly.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design.
- Able to take individual ownership of a project from start to finish.
- Competitive remuneration and equity shares
- Premium medical insurance (including spouse and children)
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Discounted Careem rides plus free credits inline with company growth
- Entrepreneurial working environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Mentorship and career growth