As a Data Scientist at Careem, you'll be part of a team that's leading the next wave of disruption at a whole new scale. You will be developing descriptive and predictive models as well as running extensive data analysis on million of customer transactions supported by a cutting edge data platform to unlock the big opportunities that simplify the lives of people through reliable transportation.
In the process, you will:
- Answer complex analytic questions from big data sets to help Careem shape its products and services in a better way.
- Implement strong data pipelines for Machine Learning algorithms that will be used in production.
- Implement large scale machine learning algorithm. Exploratory Data Analysis experience.
- Design, implement and support ETLs/ELTs to process terabytes of data each week.
- Embark on exploratory data analysis projects to achieve better understanding of phenomena as well as to discover untapped areas of growth and optimization.
- Help define and track the approperiate key metrics for specific projects.
- Design and run randomized controlled experiments, analyze the resulting data and communicate results with other teams,
- You will always challenge the status quo and continually investigate new data processing technologies and seek to ensure that we follow the industry best practices.
The ideal candidate is innovative, detail-oriented, result-focused, has a solid quantitative background, business savvy, and takes full ownership of their work from the inception of the idea to the implementation of the final product. In particular, the requirements are:
- 2+ years experience in data mining, predictive modeling, time series analysis, machine learning, Big Data methodologies, transformation and cleaning of both structured and unstructured data.
- Fluency in English along with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency and experience in at least 2 of the following: SQL, R, Python, Spark, Hive, RapidMiner.
- Demonstrated experience with database technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Amazon EMR, Hive, Oracle, SAP, DB2, Teradata, MS SQL Server, MySQL) is a plus.
- Demonstrate experience with business intelligence and visualization tools (Tableau, MicroStrategy, ChartIO, Qlik) along with geospatial data processing skills is also a plus.
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline such as Physics, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or Computer Science.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
We offer an attractive total compensation package, with emphasis on equity compensation, excellent health benefits and monthly Careem credits. You will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company on the ground floor and shape its direction.