Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride- hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 130 cities across 15 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region and host over 30 million users.
About the role
You will lead a team of amazing engineers to improve the developer experience for engineers at Careem. You will partner with engineering leaders across Careem to ensure alignment about engineering challenges and opportunities. Key responsibilities include:
- Lead a team of software engineers in implementing high quality services including design, development, and deployment of new business functionality.
- Allocate available resources to meet operating objectives. Interacts with direct reports, customers and peers to share information and improve cross-departmental processes.
- Assist your teams in developing roadmaps for system and product growth, then identify, plan, and execute projects to support that growth
- Strong ability to coach developers, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers
- Experience solving large-scale engineering challenges
- Encourages and supports others to take on responsibility, authority, and accountability.
- You have strong software engineering skills with strong competencies in design & architecture.
- Working knowledge of at least one of these Java, C++, Python.
- Deep understanding of how to build scalable distributed systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- You’ll have several years of serving in either an engineering management role or a senior engineering team lead role.
- Demonstrate ability to run and improve technical development processes
What do we offer you?
Working in an international environment with colleagues from 70+ nationalities, an ownership culture, flexible working hours, unlimited (paid!) holidays and the latest technologies
Careem gives equal opportunities. All aspects of ownership including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for everyone.