You will be responsible for the software architecture, design and development of the software systems that make-up the Careem engine. These large scale, distributed systems handle everything from user requests to payment processing.
Our tech stack is Java 8 and Spring Boot, Micro-Service Architecture, SQL and no-SQL DBs, iOS and Android applications, web front-end and AWS infrastructure.
Key responsibilities include:
Software architecture and design of our distributed backend system to meet the challenging functional, scalability and reliability requirements for our fast growing business.
Work in a team with highly talented software engineers
Write clean, reusable, testable, and maintainable code
Mentoring of junior team members
Integrate components into a fully functional & validated system
Develop and implement software verification and quality assurance procedures
Document designs and review code
Serve as (or grow into) a subject matter expert
Continuously strive for higher quality and productivity
We are looking for software engineers to join our team of talented engineers that share a common interest in distributed backend systems, their scalability and continued development
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative.
• Experience in multi-tiered distributed systems, web services, APIs, and relational & NoSQL databases
Extensive backend programming experience in one or more of the following: Java, C/C++, Python
• Ability to: effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions; deal with loosely defined problems and fast changing requirements & think abstractly.
• A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design.
• Able to take individual ownership of a project from start to finish.
• Competitive remuneration and equity shares
• Premium medical insurance (including spouse and children)
• Unlimited vacation policy
• Discounted Careem rides plus free credits inline with company growth
• Entrepreneurial working environment
• Flexible working arrangements
• Mentorship and career growth