Do you want to help build a world-class institution, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people’s lives?
At Careem, our mission is to simplify the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organization that inspires and become a world-class institution.
Careem (Berlin & Dubai's $3.1 Billion Dollar Start-up) recently acquired by Uber, focusing on Ride Hailing & Logistics for the Middle East and Northern Africa Markets. We now operate in 130 cities across 15 countries and host over 30 million users.
We are building out a world class team of engineers, and we'd love to see if you're a good fit for our open, inclusive and friendly culture.
About the role:
We're looking for a Security Engineer in Application Security to join Careem. We're looking for someone who can ensure all of our software and infrastructure is designed and implemented with best security practices in mind. Working from our Dubai basecamp, you will work side by side with some of the most talented engineers in the industry to harden our systems and applications to better protect our user data. You will be responsible for securing the data that we are trusted to protect to the highest standard.
What you'll do:
- Perform design and implementation security reviews for different parts of Careem ecosystem
- Come-up with technical solutions to address security weaknesses and work with relevant stakeholders to implement them
- Propose and evaluate innovative new security features that could benefit our customers, captains and colleagues.
- Assist with security incident response as needed
- Find security flaws hidden deeply in complex protocols and systems across the software stack
- Perform and mature a threat modelling process and embedding it into the software development life cycle.
What we're looking for:
- Expertise in conducting web and mobile security assessments covering threat modeling, design reviews and in-depth implementation audits
- Solid foundation in web security, mobile security, penetration testing and cryptography
- Demonstrated proficiency in software development in Rust, Go, Python and / or C/C++.
- Ability to conduct fuzzing against unfamiliar protocols and code
- Proficiency in implementing sandboxing solutions
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical field / equivalent experience
- 3+ years of industry experience in security and development
- A team-player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited working days annual leave
- Entrepreneurial working environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Mentorship and career growth