Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation.
Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 120 cities across 15 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region.
About the Role
We are seeking a graphic designer who will directly work with the marketing team and operational managers to develop creative ideas and concepts. Artworks will be created for various platforms: digital marketing, social media posts, promotional items, print and outdoor advertising.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Continuously create and adapt trending styles to meet the brand’s guidelines, needs and objectives.
- Proactively acquire a creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of industry software and a professional approach to time, costs, and deadlines.
- Continuously modify branding guidelines and documents style guides, communicate them and ensure compliance to guidelines.
- Simultaneously manage multiple design briefs.
- Work closely with marketers to discuss the business objectives and requirements of the job.
- Estimate the time required to complete requests.
- Develop design briefs that suit the task purpose.
- Think creatively to produce new ideas and concepts and develop interactive design.
- Use innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time.
- Present finalized ideas and concepts to the team and other stakeholders.
- Work with a range of media, including computer-aided design (CAD) and keeping up to date with emerging technologies.
- Proofread to produce accurate and high-quality work.
- Demonstrate illustrative skills with rough sketches and working on layouts ready for print.
- Commission illustrators and photographers on certain projects.
- Work as part of a team with printers, copywriters, photographers, stylists, illustrators, other designers, web developers and marketeers.
Key Requirements and Skills
- Minimum of 2-4 years in design industry.
- Strong Graphic Design skills with experience in print and digital media.
- Good working experience in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere or AfterEffects.
- Able to work with Vector graphics, video editing with experience in motion graphics and can source out images using stock photo sites.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision and can meet deadlines.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment and autonomously.
- Appropriate written and verbal skills in Arabic and English.