Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride- hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 130 cities across 15 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region and host over 30 million users.
About the role
The main purpose of the role is to cover different aspects of the accounting function including - GL maintenance, bank and fund management, sending out copy of statements and invoices through to collection, resolving queries, and reducing debtor days. The role will also manage the payable by dealing with all aspects of the Accounts Payable function, from supplier inception through payment and query handling. Key responsibilities include:
- Account payables and control open balances
- Accounts Receivable
- Driver payments and cash collection
- Payroll accounting
- Keep accounting documentation
- Review accounts and supplier invoices (e.g. travel expenses)
- Tax issues like VAT report to Turkish authorities
- Monthly PL reporting
- Support year-end closing
- Petty cash
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative. Additional qualifications include:
- Professional certification (CPA,ACCA,CA,CMA)
- 2+ years experience with accounting and reporting at international level
- Well developed analytical competencies and great attention to detail
- Proficient in Ms Office and Tier 1 Financial ERPs
- Pro-active approach & team player
- Turkish native speaker level, excellent written and oral communication skills in English
Preferably had previous experience using ERP systems such as Oracle
What do we offer you?
Working in an international environment with colleagues from 70+ nationalities, an ownership culture, flexible working hours, unlimited (paid!) holidays and the latest technologies.
Careem gives equal opportunities. All aspects of ownership including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for everyone.