To work with the Head of Policy and Legal Affairs to manage the development and implementation of an effective government relations, regulatory and policy strategy for Pakistan to enhance the company’s current business and operations, regulatory and fiscal treatment, whilst enabling the development and growth of new products and services.
- Assist the corporate affairs team to develop and implement Government Relations Country Strategy and Engagement Plan
- Assist Build compelling advocacy positions for the company’s existing products and next products and services
- Develop and maintain relationships with national institutions (business associations, regulatory bodies, etc) and provincial authorities. Also engaging key opinion leaders and institutional stakeholders to strengthen the company's reputation by engaging with them and representing Careem at multi-dimensional forums
- Continuously engaging and liaising with federal/provincial government institutions for providing lobbying support to the organization on federal/provincial policy and legislative issues concerning the business.
- Lead the outreach to federal/provincial government officials and communicate effectively with them on Careem’s business plans and initiatives as well as issues and support needed.
- Identify and monitor issues at government level to keep Careem’s management well-informed of regulatory changes, federal and/or provincial government strategic development and priority agenda that may present challenges and opportunities to Careem Pakistan’s business operations.
- Liaise and co-ordinate to implement initiatives to build on better relations with the local government and regulatory bodies
- Establish and advocate on policy positions and arguments to advance company’s regulatory and policy objectives
- Manage company compliance and reporting requirements in line with existing sector regulations and contractual obligations
- Mitigate risk on compliance related issues
- Work on online marketplace, ride-hailing, delivery and potentially payments based regulatory frameworks
- 5+ years of postgraduate experience preferably in law and/or policy.
- A diverse range of backgrounds could be the foundation for success in such a role including having worked in public policy, government, public affairs or relations, regulated environments, management consulting, or law
- Comfort with starting from positions of regulatory uncertainty
- Attention to detail, ability to think creatively, stay very calm, establish positions that benefit the company and its government partners, and advocate compellingly.
- Ability to build relationships and to influence/negotiate on support and commitment from internal and external stakeholders.
- A mature, creative and highly motivated self-starter with demonstrated ability to work on a variety of projects concurrently and efficiently in a demanding environment and under tight deadlines; a good team player
- Fluency in Urdu and English