Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region’s ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation. Careem’s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 120 cities across 15 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region 🌎.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Careem is looking for a Market Launcher for Iraq.The Launcher is at the forefront of Careem’s operations and expansion plans. Nothing is better than watching a city that you've launched (and the team you've launched it with) take off and grow.
Before launching a city, the launcher does his/her market due diligence well in advance so as to understand the following;
- transportation pain points,
- captain and customer target persona,
- market size, and opportunity.
As a baseline, the launcher needs to understand how a city lives and breathes before he/she sets foot in a city.
If you like traveling, this role might be a right fit for you. Launchers are on the road over 200 days per year. If you tend to get homesick after a few days or don't sleep well unless you're in your own bed, this is not the right position for you.
The Market launcher is responsible for launching new markets/ cities/ services that Careem would like to expand its footprint.
Before the launch;
- market due diligence,
- competition environment analyses,
- market launch RACI matrix along with deliverable timelines,
- approvals required and legal clearance,
- research supply and map out supply landscape/zones,
- research demand and market sizing exercise,
- create target captain and customer persona,
- pricing benchmarks,
- market launch campaign strategy
During and after the launch;
- recruit, hire and train a local team,
- develop partnerships and manage relationships with local captains and supply,
- work on initiatives that will secure an influx of captains for captain acquisition,
- create a marketing strategy to scale the client base and increase visibility,
- explore business development opportunities
- You don’t fold under pressure; in fact, you thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- A problem-solver; you have an analytical mind and can navigate obstacles on the fly in a thoughtful and logical way.
- Detail oriented; your Google calendar can be crammed, but it’s organized, totally manageable and you don’t miss a beat.
- A confident communicator at all levels; you can easily identify and network with the influencers of a city and have a good grasp on stakeholder management.
- Fired up about Careem; you are ready to live, eat and breathe Careem values, spreading our mission across.
- Travel lover; you are ready to live out of your suitcases, the most important possession is your passport.
- A person of high integrity; you will be running the show on a launch and we need trust and loyalty that you've got the best interests of the company in mind. You'll have a lot of responsibility, so you've got to step up to deliver them.
- Fluent in English and Arabic are essential
- Target driven and ability to drive meeting with every aggressive KPIs
- Strong commercial sense, sharp problem solver and ability to get things done are essential
- Strong business development and relationship building skills
- 4-5 years of experience in a similar role at a dynamic organization
…Oh, and also, we’re looking for someone who can take ownership, who is of service and who shoots to the moon and beyond. Is this you? We’re looking forward to seeing your application! 🚀
What do we offer you? Working in an international environment with colleagues from 70+ nationalities, a flat hierarchy, flexible working hours, unlimited (paid!) holidays and, the latest technologies and full ownership!
#YallaLetsGo #Careem #BeCareem #ToTheMoon