Remember that time you got cash back on a cup of coffee through your banking app? That was us!
Cardlytics (NASDAQ: CDLX) is the industry-leading purchase intelligence and incentives platform. We are a product-driven company that cares about three things: our people, our customers, and our partners. Together, we make commerce more rewarding for everyone by helping businesses attract, understand, and incentivize consumers through their banks’ digital channels.
About the role
Reports to: Director of Engineering
Cardlytics is looking for a Senior Engineering Manager with excellent technical qualifications and passion for leading high-performing and scalable Publisher data products on top of Spark, Hadoop, Druid, Kafka, and other database technologies.
- Drive the team to deliver solutions, making sure many aspects of the products, both current and future, are taken into consideration and lead the team to correctly implement solutions in a timely manner.
- Be responsible for architecture/design and risk analysis/mitigation on a macro level.
- Build high-performing and scalable data platforms to support multiple data pipelines to ingest and deliver data as fast and reliably as possible.
- Collaborate with leadership to define and articulate short- and long-term goals and initiatives.
- Collaborate closely and build rapport with peers across product, business, and engineering teams.
- Build a winning team which will be at the core of the success of the company.
- Influence the technical direction for the team through conviction and experimentation.
- Participate in calibration and promotion sessions and author supportive documentation.
- Experience delivering challenging technical solutions at scale.
- 8+ years of data engineering and/or modern data warehousing experience in Spark Streaming, Spark, Kafka, RDBMS in Scala/Java and SQL.
- 3+ years of experience with AWS or similar cloud-based architectures, development, and deployment.
- 4+ years of experience leading engineering teams or equivalent technical lead experience, earning the respect of talented software developers, and using your strong coaching abilities to help your team improve their skills and grow their careers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, MIS or related field or equivalent relevant experience.
- Proficient knowledge of optimization, concurrency, scale-up vs scale-out, encryption, application- and process-level security, etc. in an Apache/Hadoop environment is a plus.
- Big pluses: Functional Programming, Columnar Storage Format (e.g. Parquet), Data Lake Architecture/Implementation, Git-like source control, Test Driven Development, Fintech/Adtech Experience.
- Someone who finds passion in your craft, constantly seeking improvement and a better way to solve tough problems.
- Able to express yourself and articulate your ideas clearly, thoroughly, and respectfully; you listen the same way, and you do both across all levels of the organization with confidence.
- Able to offer opinions and make decisions with limited information; able to accept and manage risk and drive change.
- Able to take abstract ideas, formulate an actionable strategy, and execute on time and on scope.
- Someone who understands that the best managers serve their teams, removing roadblocks and giving individual contributors autonomy and ownership.
- Someone with high standards who will push us to be better, and who will take pride in Cardlytics like we do.
- A mentor, developing employees on the team or those who want to be on the team.
- Able to shift quickly between projects and prioritize appropriately.
Benefits and perks
- Offices in Atlanta, Menlo Park, Los Angeles, New York, and London
- Flexible PTO and paid parental leave
- Healthcare benefits go into effect from your first day, including medical, dental, vision, FSA/HSA, life and disability insurance, wellness and behavioral health resources, and telehealth
- Company-funded HSAs, 401k matching, new hire home office stipend, monthly phone/internet stipend, commuter benefits, educational assistance, student debt repayment, Calm app subscriptions, and a "Lifestyle Spending Account" for physical, emotional, and financial wellness (like gym memberships, home down payments, art classes, park passes, and more)
- Programs for spot bonuses, referral bonuses, professional development, special interest groups, and employee stock purchase plans
As an equal opportunity employer, Cardlytics is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our people bring our products and organization to life, and every unique perspective makes us better. If you can do the job and you’re excited about growing with us as we scale our best-in-class advertising platform, we’d love to hear from you – whoever you are. If you need accommodation in the recruiting process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or let your recruiter know.