Reports to: VP, Engineering – Data Products
- Develop new applications and features that provide data and data services to different teams within the enterprise, including engineering, data science, analysts, product, management/executives, and other business teams.
- Create high-performance and scalable data platforms that can support multiple data pipelines to ingest and deliver data as quickly and reliably as possible.
- Write clean, efficient, and maintainable code to ensure software quality.
- Build insights products using large amounts of financial data.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize software features.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and consistency.
- Conduct testing, debugging, and troubleshooting of software applications.
- Participate in the design and implementation of software architecture and infrastructure.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 4+ years of experience in software development.
- Experience designing and building large-scale distributed systems as a backend engineer.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language such as Scala, Java or Python.
- Experience building reporting and scheduler systems.
- Experience working with Kafka, EMR, Airflow, Spark, Airflow, Hadoop or similar.
- Experience building Data Lake with Glue, Hudi, Druid is a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Able to express yourself and articulate your ideas clearly, thoroughly, and respectfully; you listen the same way, and you do both across all levels of the organization with confidence.
- Able to offer opinions and make decisions with limited information; able to accept and manage risk and drive change.
- Able to take abstract ideas, formulate an actionable strategy, and execute on time and on scope.
- A self-starter, driving projects forward with limited oversight.
- Passionate, with a genuine interest and enthusiasm about data, data technologies, and solving data challenges.
- $1,200 annual Lifestyle Spending Account - Company funded account that can be used for physical, emotional, and financial wellness!
- Flexible PTO
- Healthcare benefits that go into effect day one
- Employer-funded Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Competitive compensation
- Up to $5,250 annually for educational assistance and student debt repayment
- $250 initial home office stipend + $900 annually for communication ($75/month)
- 401k company match (50% of contributions up to 5% of earnings)
- Programs for spot bonuses, referral bonuses, anniversary milestones, mentoring, top performer development, and more!
At Cardlytics (NASDAQ: CDLX), we created an industry…but we are just getting started. From idea inception at a kitchen table in Atlanta to now publicly traded on NASDAQ with offices around the world, we are proud of the work we've accomplished and are looking for more smart and creative minds to join us on our mission.
By using data for good, we connect brands with real people through their banks' digital channels (think: online and mobile apps). And when we make these connections, everyone wins - brands drive more sales, banks drive more loyalty, and people receive more cash back. It's that simple.
So how exactly does it work? Through our partnerships with financial services companies like Chase, Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Venmo, we have insights into one out of every two card swipes in the U.S. This equates to roughly $3.1 trillion in annual purchase spend from more than 161 million bank customers.
Respecting this complete view of the consumer, we can create mutually beneficial relationships between those consumers and their favorite brands and financial services partners. These are relationships that otherwise would not have happened without our help. It's our advanced targeting that drives advertising performance - because performance matters, and it's our superpower.
Are you ready to become a shareholder and join a team filled with creatives and data scientists, consultants, and artists, to help redefine marketing?
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, and leveraging our unique perspectives to grow our company to new heights, while ensuring Cardlytics is a great place where great people want to be.