Remember that time you got cash back on a cup of coffee through your banking app? That was us!
Cardlytics (NASDAQ: CDLX) is the industry-leading purchase intelligence and incentives platform. We are a product-driven company that cares about three things: our people, our customers, and our partners. Together, we make commerce more rewarding for everyone by helping businesses attract, understand, and incentivize consumers through their banks’ digital channels.
About the role
Reports to: VP of Engineering, Ads Marketplace Engineering
Location: CDLX has offices across the US (and we're open to remote candidates too!)
Senior Software Engineer, Ads Marketplace Engineering will play a key role in designing and optimizing the next generation platform powering the Cardlytics ad marketplace. You will be part of a team rethinking and redefining ads delivery and optimization at scale, with a direct impact on millions of customers every day. You will need to have a solid grasp of scalability challenges and bring in novel ideas to solve interesting problems in distributed systems, data engineering, and machine learning. To be successful in this role, you will need to have prior experience in building scalable production-quality data pipelines. Hands-on experience developing for digital advertising platforms will be a plus.
- Develop and maintain scalable data pipelines.
- Collaborate with analytics and data science teams to translate models and data needs into the production data pipeline.
- Implement processes and systems to monitor data quality, ensuring production data is always accurate.
- Write unit/integration tests, and contribute to engineering documentation work.
- Perform data analysis required to troubleshoot data-related issues, and assist in the resolution of data issues.
- Design data integrations and data quality framework.
- 4+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, with a BS or MS in computer science or related technical field.
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining big data processing systems.
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark (pySpark preferred), etc.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: AWS glue, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Scala, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services (EMR, Lambda, AWS Glue, etc.)
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service.
Benefits and perks
- Offices in Atlanta, Menlo Park, Los Angeles, New York, and London
- Flexible PTO and paid parental leave
- Healthcare benefits go into effect from your first day, including medical, dental, vision, FSA/HSA, life and disability insurance, wellness and behavioral health resources, and telehealth
- Company-funded HSAs, 401k matching, new hire home office stipend, monthly phone/internet stipend, commuter benefits, educational assistance, student debt repayment, Calm app subscriptions, and a "Lifestyle Spending Account" for physical, emotional, and financial wellness (like gym memberships, home down payments, art classes, park passes, and more)
- Programs for spot bonuses, referral bonuses, professional development, special interest groups, and employee stock purchase plans
As an equal opportunity employer, Cardlytics is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our people bring our products and organization to life, and every unique perspective makes us better. If you can do the job and you’re excited about growing with us as we scale our best-in-class advertising platform, we’d love to hear from you – whoever you are. If you need accommodation in the recruiting process due to a disability, please email email@example.com or let your recruiter know.