Reports to: Senior Director, QA Engineering
Location: Remote, US
Bridg is a big data marketing platform that helps some of the biggest restaurant and retail brands. We help them understand their customers and reach them through any digital marketing platform, and measure their engagement in the store, using big data technologies.
As a Sr. QA Automation Engineer at Bridg, you are responsible for building/maintaining automation frameworks for Big Data projects, on our B2B SaaS products. You will use your engineering acumen and passion for quality to drive results for and with our teams bringing cutting-edge big data products to market. Have you worked and built automation frameworks on high volume data pipelines/ETL projects? Are you ready to work on a cutting edge marketing data platform that touches nearly every consumer in the country?
As a QA Engineer, you will:
- Perform manual testing, software quality assurance, and implement test automation
- Perform heavy backend/big data testing using SQL, pgSQL, NoSQL languages
- Write automated test scripts using Java and/or Python
- Perform both blackbox and whitebox testing
- Utilize QA tools such as Selenium, JMeter, and Jenkins
- Create infrastructure to execute automation scripts on a scheduled basis
- Perform heavy data validation and ETL processes testing
- Perform load testing utilizing JMeter scripts
- Collaborate with Engineering Team to document practices and standards for QA
- Utilize hosted load testing services such as BlazeMeter and FloodIO to distributing the load geographically
- Report QA activities and project status to Engineering and Product Management on a weekly basis
- Write test plans, test cases, status reports and summary reports
- Participate in daily scrum and bi-weekly sprint grooming/planning meetings
- Perform cross OS/browser and multi-device testing
- 7+ years of professional experience in QA Automation Engineering
- 5+ years experience building automation frameworks from scratch (Java, and/or Python required) and with test automation tools such as Selenium, Cucumber, TestNG
- Extensive experience in SQL scripting at professional level
- Experience with data validation automation and ETL processes testing
- Experience of implementing continuous integration of automation scripts with build scripts (Jenkins is preferred)
- Experience with Hadoop, Cassandra, Kafka, Spark and other big data technologies
- Experience with API testing tools such as SOAPUI, Postman and automation of APIs
- Experience with load testing tools and suites such as JMeter, BlazeMeter or any open source tools.
- Experience with databases such as MYSQL, Postgres, Cassandra, MongoDB, Hive etc.
- Experience with AWS and any cloud based platforms
- Experience with Web and Mobile debugger tools
- Experience with source code management systems such as Github, Bitbucket etc.
- Great communication and people skills with an experience of onsite/offshore model
- Experience / exposure to Snowflake cloud data warehouse platform is a plus
Security, availability and confidentiality requirements:
- You are responsible for protecting the credentials provided to you to access S3's (and customer, where applicable) networks, systems and data
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all S3's customer data to which you are granted access. Any suspected compromises of S3's proprietary data or customer data must be reported to Management immediately.
- You will adhere to the S3 Information Security Policy and Procedures and supporting standard operating procedures to protect Company systems and data.
- Respond to and resolve customer help desk requests [varies based on role]
- You will alert management immediately with any expected system or data compromises and/or system failure impacting the security, confidentiality, availability and integrity of S3 and customer data.
- You will be required to attend an annual Information Security Awareness Training
- Lifestyle Spending Account - Company funded account that can be used for physical, emotional, and financial wellness!
- Flexible PTO
- Healthcare benefits that go into effect day one
- Employer funded Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Competitive compensation
- Equity grants for all employees
At Cardlytics (NASDAQ: CDLX), we created an industry…but we are just getting started. From idea inception at a kitchen table in Atlanta to now publicly traded on NASDAQ with offices around the world, we are proud of the work we've accomplished and are looking for more smart and creative minds to join us on our mission.
By using data for good, we connect brands with real people through their banks' digital channels (think: online and mobile apps). And when we make these connections, everyone wins - brands drive more sales, banks drive more loyalty, and people receive more cash back. It's that simple.
So how exactly does it work? Through our partnerships with financial services companies like Chase, Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Venmo, we have insights into one out of every two card swipes in the U.S. This equates to roughly $3.1 trillion in annual purchase spend from more than 161 million bank customers.
Respecting this complete view of the consumer, we can create mutually beneficial relationships between those consumers and their favorite brands and financial services partners. These are relationships that otherwise would not have happened without our help. It's our advanced targeting that drives advertising performance - because performance matters, and it's our superpower.
Are you ready to become a shareholder and join a team filled with creatives and data scientists, consultants, and artists, to help redefine marketing?
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, and leveraging our unique perspectives to grow our company to new heights, while ensuring Cardlytics is a great place where great people want to be.