If you have a bank account or a credit card, chances are good that you’ve seen our platform in action. By running the cash-back rewards programs for Chase, Bank of America, Wells Fargo and other financial institutions we place targeted, relevant, measurable ads in front of 130 million US consumers - more MAUs than Twitter, Pinterest, and Snapchat.
Cardlytics is the largest walled garden you’ve never heard of. We see one in every two card swipes across the US, covering $3.3T in purchases. This puts us in a unique position. We can help marketers predict consumer shopping preferences based on actual purchase data, and then use that data to reach bank consumers with offers they will love.
About the role
Cardlytics is seeking a Director, IT Project to join the Technology Operations team. This person will be responsible for managing multiple technology projects at once working with both the technical and account teams. This leader would oversee a Project Management team and ensure that the team is able to meet the needs of Cardlytics technology and business teams. The ideal candidate will be an experienced leader, strong communicator, team player, organized, and detail-oriented with proven track record of successfully managing multiple projects of various scale.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, communicate and manage overall project plans (tasks, timelines, milestones and deadlines)
- Be the “go-to person” and ensure every step of the technology project is well-defined, manageable and attainable
- Clearly communicate project status to effectively manage expectations throughout the process (from senior management to engineers to developers)
- Effectively use escalation paths to keep the project on track while not compromising relationships
- Work in conjunction with the Business and Technology teams to establish initial project connections while coordinating first steps for the project; simultaneously, assert yourself as the owner the project process
- Ensure requirements are gathered, distributed and clearly communicated
- Coordinate meetings, as needed, to initiate working sessions, resolve project issues, and provide status updates.
- Mentor and coach the members of the project management team. Ensure team development and career growth opportunities for team members. Be the leader they can go to when they need help.
- The Director will manage high priority projects, as well as oversee the team members projects.
Qualifications and Experience
- 7+ years of professional experience in a project management and/or consulting role
- 5+ years of implementation project management experience; financial or advertising industry focused experience preferred
- Proven experience leading a team and managing multiple projects at once
- Knowledge of project management processes and methodologies
- Familiarity with JIRA, SQL, Redis, Server, IIS and .NET technologies a plus
Communication and Cognitive Abilities
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with short delivery times
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Self-starter ability to drive projects forward with limited oversight
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Project, Excel, Visio, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)