Cardlytics is the largest ad platform you’ve never heard of.
If you have a bank account or a credit card, chances are good that you’ve seen our platform in action. By running the cash-back rewards programs for Chase, Bank of America, Lloyds Bank Group, Santander and other financial institutions we place targeted, relevant, measurable ads in front of 133M US consumers - more MAUs than Twitter, Pinterest, and Snapchat.
We see one in every two card swipes, covering $3T in purchases. This puts us in a unique position, since we can help marketers predict consumer shopping preferences based on actual purchase data, then use that to reach bank consumers with offers they love to have.
About the role
This role will encompass activities for client hosted databases and our internal data warehouse and reporting systems in a big data environment. A large focus on scheduled job monitoring, performance and availability management of databases to ensure accurate and timely movement of data between various systems. Ability to understand underlying data from a Business perspective will be highly desirable.
The role will cover the following activities
- Day to day DBA support of SQL Server 2012 to 2017 and Vertica DB (v10)
- SQL Server installations and upgrades, implementation and administration of backup and recovery, transactional replication, clustering, AOAG, log shipping, SSRS, SSIS and monitoring
- Vertica administration
- Database performance analysis and tuning
- Develop, tune, troubleshoot and support complex SQL queries/ stored procedures
- Provide query tuning and development support to Developers and Data Analysts
- Job monitoring and issue resolution and/or escalation
- Release and deployment support
- Rotational on call support (24x7) and provide occasional off-hours support when required
Qualifications and Experience
- 7+ years of hands-on DBA experience
- Good working knowledge of Windows Server 2012/2016 and Linux is required
- Good knowledge of SQL Server including strong understanding of row and column store indexes, table partitioning, storage and memory management is required
- Working knowledge and experience in Vertica or other MPP DB is a huge advantage
- Advance knowledge of T-SQL and good understanding of VSQL is required
- Experience with VMWare, Kubernetes, AWS, MS Azure, SAN and Networking technologies is an advantage
- Scripting knowledge in PowerShell, Python, Linux shell, Windows Batch command and crontab maintenance is highly desirable
- Knowledge of ITIL or similar framework is required
- Knowledge of Cohesity, Commvault and LiteSpeed is an advantage
- Knowledge of Jira is required to perform the job
- Knowledge of SQL Sentry, Idera DM, Sumo Logic, DataDog , Ola scripts and/or other administrative, monitoring and auditing tools is an advantage
- Knowledge of UK-DPA, GDPR and SOX 404 is an advantage
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred
- Proactive problem solving and root cause analysis skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Dedication to meeting and exceeding customer expectations
- Capable of working independently and in a team