If you have a bank account or a credit card, chances are good that you’ve seen our platform in action. By running the cash-back rewards programs for Chase, Bank of America, Wells Fargo and other financial institutions we place targeted, relevant, measurable ads in front of 130 million US consumers - more MAUs than Twitter, Pinterest, and Snapchat.
Cardlytics is the largest walled garden you’ve never heard of. We see one in every two card swipes across the US, covering $3.3T in purchases. This puts us in a unique position. We can help marketers predict consumer shopping preferences based on actual purchase data, and then use that data to reach bank consumers with offers they will love.
About the role
In this role you will take your existing skills in modeling, data pattern analysis, and python programming to the next level. You will work alongside experienced Cardlytics’ data science team to build cutting edge machine learning, AI and deep learning solutions. You will leverage experience to write SQL and Python programs that execute your model pipelines.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing team. Specifically, you will
- Learn cutting edge Machine Learning, Deep Learning techniques from CDLX internal Data Science University
- Work with experienced and passionate team of data scientists
- Work with a large and comprehensive set of customer purchase data
What you will accomplish
- Understand and present Business model from Data Ingestion to Visualization.
- Collect, Analyze and Interpret the data.
- Data Scientist will be working to become a subject-matter expert on various analytical tools such as statistical programming languages, deep learning, and machine-learning algorithms and provide this expertise throughout Cardlytics as needed.
- Provide analysis and quality assurance reports on transactional data to internal stakeholders.
- Create, test, and deploy models that will impact new lines of business for the company.
- Analyze large amounts of data and other business processes to form ideas and fix problems.
- Learn new practices, design iterative development cycles, and deliver prototypes to internal stakeholders for ML model deployment.
- Build full scale data science models for production
- Perform ad hoc operational requests of internal clients
- Help create Data Visualization dashboards
Skills and experiences that will make you successful
- Understand and document internal or external customers’ requirements.
- Ability to propose, document and present end to end solution to other Data Scientists.
- Skills in modeling frameworks including Scikit-learn, PyTorch, TensorFlow, or similar packages.
- Must be Hands-on: Proficiency in SQL, Python, and Linux shell required
- Experience with Tableau and other data visualization is a plus
- Experience with Vertica is a plus
- A scientific approach to problem-solving
- Ability to communicate complex results in a simplified and concise manner to others
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Decision Sciences, or similar field (Graduate degree a plus)
- Prior experience with Python or other leading statistical software/languages
- Must be part of the team to push at least one Machine Learning or Deep Learning product in production