Cardlytics is the largest ad platform you’ve never heard of.
If you have a bank account or a credit card, chances are good that you’ve seen our platform in action. By running the cash-back rewards programs for Chase, Bank of America, Wells Fargo and other financial institutions we place targeted, relevant, measurable ads in front of 133M US consumers - more MAUs than Twitter, Pinterest, and Snapchat.
We see one in every two card swipes, covering $3T in purchases. This puts us in a unique position, since we can help marketers predict consumer shopping preferences based on actual purchase data, then use that to reach bank consumers with offers they love to have.
Overview of the role
The Systems Engineer is responsible for the primary software, server, and storage infrastructure. This includes primary services like email, DNS, DHCP, and Active Directory. This also includes storage systems like SAN, NAS, and DAS infrastructure. The position also must monitor and maintain systems that run these services, conduct planning capacity meetings, help employees with problems and provide expertise to keep the services running over the network at all Cardlytics sites. The position would also mentor all junior roles. This position would also run and coordinate multiple IT projects from planning to implementation phases with minimal supervision. Will also monitor projects being worked on by other team members, and help ensure those projects success as well as the ones they are primary on.
- Has direct responsibility for IT operations at Cardlytics
- Implements policies and procedures regarding how problems are identified, received, documented, distributed, and corrected
- Establishes, implements and enforces enterprise computing hardware standards, practices, and policies
- Responsible for server/desktop software license compliance
- Identifying and recommending new technology utilization within the corporation
- Evaluates new information systems products or services and suggests changes to existing products or services to better aide the end user
- Makes recommendations for the training of and continuing education of technical staff members
- Takes responsibility for the success of the project and the company
- Demonstrated project management skills. Must be proficient at managing technical projects
- Good oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Excellent team building skills and be proficient in establishing and maintaining effective communication and processes
- Thorough knowledge of computer networks and network terminologies and be current with the "state of the art" as it applies to secure connectivity
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft software, both server and desktop. Must be able to work with front line engineers to resolve problems with said platforms
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Experience in managing projects in an IT network environment that includes Engineering, Operations, Security
- Ability to work independently on projects and daily activities.
- Ability to work in a team environment on projects and activities
- Responsible for advising and mentoring junior staff members.
- Advantageous to have knowledge and experience of implementing and abiding by ITIL processes
- Relevant Experience with Microsoft server networking, permissions, security, and active directory
- Relevant Experience with services like email systems, active directory, data backup, anti-virus
- Relevant Experience administering Microsoft server operating systems including active directory
- Relevant Experience installing, troubleshooting Microsoft server operating system platforms
- Relevant Experience in configuration and troubleshooting of workstation, server hardware and storage systems
- Relevant Experience with Linux system administration, installation, upgrades and patching
- Relevant Experience with VMware administration
- Relevant Experience working with Dell and HP server hardware
- Relevant Experience with fiber channel networking
- Relevant Experience with monitoring software such as DataDog, Sumologic, Solarwinds
- Relevant Experience with AWS CLI and administration
- Relevant Experience with Azure administration
- Relevant Experience with O365 administration
- Experience with IIS and Certificate services
- Knowledgeable of HCI infrastructure
- Find areas of existing manual intervention, and replace with automation where possible
- Desire to find problems and fix them proactively!
Documentation and Training
- Writes, maintains, and reviews complete and concise technical and project documentation
- Presents training presentations on multiple technical levels