The big picture
Cardlytics makes marketing more relevant and measurable through our Purchase Intelligence™ platform. With purchase data from more than 2,000 financial institutions (FIs), Cardlytics has a secure view into where and when consumers are spending their money. By applying advanced analytics to this massive aggregation of purchase data, we make it actionable, helping marketers/ advertisers identify, reach and influence likely buyers at scale, and measure the true sales impact of their marketing spend.
About the role
In this role you will lead a team of BI developers to maintain a suite of business insight and performance reports for the company. Your customers will come from every department within the company. You will bring a back ground in data visualization, report development, agile approach, and requirements tracking to the team. You will develop reports in Tableau, SSRS and building data flows in SSIS. Coming on the team you be a part of the top down refresh of the BI portal and all reports.
- Play a leadership role at Cardlytics as we expand our automated reporting and self-service reporting for sales and other teams.
- Build a key team of BI developers while working closely with the Data Science team to deliver cutting edge tools.
- Deliver timely automated business intelligence to both internal and external customers.
- Lead a team that takes ad hoc analysis to production grade business intelligence.
- Develop BI reports and move them to production.
What you will accomplish
- You and your team will work with large datasets using SQL, Tableau, Report Server and other tools to:
- Produce standard and custom data visualizations that drive business value for our customers.
- Troubleshoot issues in existing datasets and reporting platforms
- Understand upcoming BI needs and communicate with teams across the company to deliver success.
- Find opportunities for streamlining and automation of existing processes.
- Train and develop a team of BI developers as you manage an existing platform of reports
- Prioritize workload across multiple clients and distribute to your team based on skillset and availability
Skills and experiences that will make you successful
- Strong ability to interpret complex analytical results and transform into a client ready deliverable
- Proficient in SQL, Tableau, SSRS, and SSIS
- Strong skills in Excel and PowerPoint
- Solid ability to tell a story using data visualizations using several tools
Communication and Cognitive Abilities
- Heavy attention to detail
- Outstanding communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Driven, can-do attitude
- Patient and adaptable
- Proactive problem-solving capabilities
- Entrepreneurial and team-oriented spirit
- Mentor and manager junior team members
- 4+ years related experience. With 1 – 2 years managing a BI team.
- Understanding of advanced BI software and techniques
- Experience with Tableau and Tableau server (2018.x preferred)
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting and SSIS (Power BI preferred)
- Ability to interpret analytic results
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint and Excel Services
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Demonstrated ability to turn end-user requirements into actionable tools and insights