The big picture
Cardlytics is seeking a Technical Manager, Software Engineering with excellent leadership and technical qualifications to be a team manager in our Agile development environment. A successful technical manager will have a passion for creating high performing and scalable systems as well as developing and leading high performing teams as part of a larger Software Engineering group that includes builds full stack systems for internal and external use. We want cross-pollinators and consensus builders that desire to contribute to the group as a whole, regardless of background.
Cool stuff you get to do in this role
The Technical Manager, Software Engineering is responsible for leading the development of new applications, enhancing existing products, and implementing new technologies, paradigms, and practices to provide the best solutions to our customers. This includes technical design, architecture, and development of Cardlytics current and future systems. Leadership responsibilities will center on developing, leading and inspiring our software development teams to create world class software solutions.
What you will accomplish in this role
- Lead and develop high performance teams focused on the development of new applications and features within an Agile development team providing enterprise grade systems and services to key internal and external stakeholders including Financial Institution partners and Advertisers.
- Work closely with the Technical Director, Product, and Engineering leadership to develop and deliver strategic business initiatives
- Manage the build out of high performing and scalable systems to support thousands of concurrent users
- Mentor team members on a day to day basis and conduct annual and one-on-one recurring performance reviews of direct reports and team members
- Grow the professional competencies of team members
- Lead teams focused on implementation of new technologies and practices to provide the best solutions to our customers
- Provide oversight and guidance on technical design, architecture, and development of highly concurrent applications
- Enable Agile teams to build enterprise grade systems that are resilient, scalable, and secure based on industry best practices as well as the Technical Manager’s individual technical expertise
- Work with business teams to create technical requirements and deliver within time and scope
- Proactively work with IT Operations, Prod Support, and Risk/Compliance to ensure delivered systems are high quality, monitored, and comply with all necessary regulations and audit requirements
Qualifications and Experience
- 8+ years of experience with web and server development in .NET, C# and MVC
- 2+ years of progressive leadership in software and/or data development
- Web service experience: WCF/Web API/REST
- Knowledge of OWASP top 10 vulnerabilities and mitigation techniques
- SQL Server and general SQL optimization techniques
- You can follow and contribute to a detailed conversation about Highly Scalable SQL, Hadoop, Apache stack and other database developer speak
- Must be able to distill complex problems into actionable solutions and make decisions with an eye towards elegance without over complicating or succumbing to analysis paralysis.
- Unit testing and good abstraction skills are a must
- API and disparate system integration experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field or equivalent relevant experience. MBA or Master Degree a plus.
Communication and Cognitive Abilities
- You express yourself and articulate your ideas clearly, thoroughly, and respectfully, listen the same way, and do both across the org chart without fear
- Ability to take abstract ideas, formulate an actionable strategy, and execute on time and on scope
- Ability to adapt to and drive change as business direction evolves
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, conflicting priorities
- High performer in a fast-paced environment with short delivery times
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Self-starter ability to drive projects forward with limited oversight
- Lead from the front mentality and action oriented
- Consensus builder