Cardiosense is a rapidly growing, venture-backed digital health company leveraging novel multi-sensor devices and artificial intelligence to combat heart disease. By mining raw physiological waveform data, we are developing noninvasive biomarkers to predict clinical worsening, guide personalized therapy, and significantly improve patient outcomes.
Our team brings together experts in data science, embedded systems, and medicine and has partnered with leading healthcare systems to introduce the next generation of patient monitoring and proactive disease management.
What you’ll be doing:
As an Embedded Engineer at Cardiosense, you will be directly responsible for designing, constructing, programming, and testing wearable device technologies. In this role, you will:
- Design, build, and test efficient, high-quality embedded software and contribute to hardware design, including sensor selection, analog design, PCB layout, and power management
- Engage in all phases of new product introduction, including concept, architecture, documentation, design, prototyping, and testing
- Work collaboratively with internal cross-functional teams to develop and execute device strategies and objectives
- Work with the engineering and product teams to establish necessary test specifications and requirements for hardware and firmware system verification and validation of designs.
- Support software QA, development of tools for unit testing, and participate in peer code reviews
What we're looking for:
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field
- 3+ years of practical experience in embedded technologies
- Experience with medical device design and development processes that confirm to standards including: 21 CFR 820, ISO 9001, ISO 13485, IEC 62304, and IEC 60601.
- Strong understanding of IoT devices (hardware and firmware), mobile apps, and cloud solutions
- Proficiency PCB design and hardware optimization for low-power systems
- Understanding of ARM architecture and C/Embedded C programming
Location and Travel:
Candidates located in or willing to relocate to the Chicago, IL area are preferred.