Cardiosense is a digital health company that operates at the intersection of wearable technology and artificial intelligence to improve patient health. Our mission is to use physiological waveform data to predict cardiac illness and enable early interventions so people can enjoy healthier, longer lives.
To achieve our mission we are building a physiological waveform AI platform to develop predictive biomarkers to detect and manage cardiac disease. The company has developed a suite of novel digital tools, multi-sensor devices, and analysis algorithms for use by care providers to detect clinical worsening earlier, inform personalized therapy, and improve patient outcomes.
Our team brings together experts in data science, electronics, and healthcare and has partnered with leading healthcare and academic institutions to introduce the next generation of patient waveform monitoring and analytics solutions.
We're looking for a person who has earned a reputation for driving relentlessly toward ambitious goals. You will play a key role in establishing and scaling our operations, including tripling our team and all the unexpected complexities in-between.
As the first senior operations hire, you will lead build-out of administrative systems (e.g. HR, legal, finance, reporting), formalize the organization’s operational processes, contribute towards company’s growth (business development, recruiting, partnerships), and help shape company culture. The role is responsible for building and developing a best-in-class operations & human resources processes and teams to support business needs and foster strong employee engagement.
- Own and build out HR infrastructure to support rapid growth over the next 12 months
- Manage and execute day-to-day processes around employee experience: onboarding, off boarding, benefits, performance reviews etc. Establish, refine, and evaluate company goals, milestones, and KPIs
- Negotiate contracts with various partners and suppliers (with support from company legal counsel)
- Devising legal, finance, and accounting strategies and interfacing with service providers (e.g. lawyers, accountants, etc.)
- Establishing processes that promote company efficiency, support company culture and values. Ensure compliance to company, federal, and local business requirements
- Develop internal infrastructure systems for long-term sustainability
- Oversee day-to-day business operations
- 8+ years experience working in a fast past environment whether a startup, tech company, investment banking, or consulting
- Experience building and leading people operations infrastructure
- You've defined yourself by taking complex projects, translating them into simpler components, and systematically driving towards completion with a relentless energy that inspires other members of your team. You live, breathe, and eat by the concept of "divide & conquer" and it's a process you're comfortable facilitating.
- You've been part of a championship team. You know how to go fast, what's required for excellence, and you'll accept nothing less.
- You can adapt to a rapidly changing work environment.
- You're comfortable with change and you thrive in the environment it creates.
- You are intellectually curious, resourceful, and relentlessly execute.
- You are driven, smart, and hungry for experience in a growing startup.
- You have high attention to detail, excellent time management, and organizational skills
- You have outstanding communication and written skills
- Experience building and managing multiple HR functions and systems
- Thorough knowledge of employment laws and regulations surrounding HR business requirements
- Ability to build strong, healthy relationship with all kinds of people, at all levels
- Advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
Location and Travel:
Candidates located in or willing to relocate to the Chicago, IL area are preferred, however a remote location with be considered for this role. This position may require 10-20% travel depending on candidate’s location.
Cardiosense is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, disability status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.