The #1 cause of death in the US is heart disease.
The solution is a fundamental shift in healthcare. Cardiogram is a mobile app that empowers users to understand and analyze their own heart through data from their wearables. We help manage everyday activities and prevent serious chronic conditions.
We have paying users, corporate partnerships, and published academic papers. We're in the exciting process of engaging more with our core users, launching advanced analysis at scale, and ensuring that we become a loved brand.
What you'll do
Our mobile stack: ReactJS webviews in Swift for iOS, Java for Android (backend: NodeJS, Cassandra, Postgres, Heroku, Google Cloud)
Seamless integration with Apple Watch, Fitbit, Garmin, and Wear OS devices are the core of our user experience. You will drive the technical work to ensure that our app is a reliable and enjoyable experience on every platform. You will be connecting with users, building new UIs that take advantage of cutting edge mobile developments, and revamping internal systems to ensure that user data is consistently available and safe.
You will also be responsible for tasks like integrating with 3rd parties and monitoring our app in production.
- We care about each others' mental and physical health.
- Working smart is better than working hard - burnout is our arch-nemesis. A good night's sleep, laser sharp focus, and creative problem solving are the best tools.
- We're always open to new ideas and observations. We like iteration and progress.
- A healthy balance of learning from others and doing your own best work. We hire people that can bring unique strengths to the team, and have the ability and ambition to become experts.
- Competitive compensation, healthcare, free meals, perks.
What would make you a strong fit
- Drive to get the right product in front of users and improve their lives
- Strong understanding of engineering/programming/CS, important practices and concepts
- Adaptability, curiosity, and interdisciplinary thinking
- Genuine interest in working at a small startup
- 2+ years professional experience building mobile apps
- Fluent in Swift, Java
- Some familiarity with health care, Apple Watch or Wear OS development, analytics, ReactJS and NodeJS