The #1 cause of death in the US is heart disease.
The solution is a fundamental shift in healthcare. Cardiogram is a mobile app that empowers users to understand and analyze their own heart through data from their wearables. We help manage everyday activities and prevent serious chronic conditions.
We have paying users, corporate partnerships, and published academic papers. We're in the exciting process of engaging more with our core users, launching advanced analysis at scale, and ensuring that we become a loved brand.
What you'll do
Our backend stack: NodeJS, ScyllaDB (Cassandra), BigQuery, Postgres, RabbitMQ, Heroku, Google Cloud.
Our frontend stack: ReactJS, D3.js, Swift for iOS, Java for Android
We are consolidating our current app features and building out new ones. We have initiatives to surface more ML to our users and implement social functionality. You will be driving the technical work for these features and refactors by designing APIs, working with different front-end designs, and ensuring correctness, security, and performance.
You will also be responsible for tasks like integrating with 3rd parties and monitoring our app in production.
- We care about each others' mental and physical health.
- Working smart is better than working hard - burnout is our arch-nemesis. A good night's sleep, laser sharp focus, and creative problem solving are the best tools.
- We're always open to new ideas and observations. We like iteration and progress.
- A healthy balance of learning from others and doing your own best work. We hire people that can bring unique strengths to the team, and have the ability and ambition to become experts.
- Competitive compensation, healthcare, free meals, perks.
What would make you a strong fit
- Drive to get the right product in front of users and improve their lives
- Strong understanding of engineering/programming/CS, important practices and concepts
- Adaptability, curiosity, and interdisciplinary thinking
- Genuine interest in working at a small startup
- 2+ years professional experience building apps, full stack
- Some experience with health care, analytics, mobile development, or more complex backend systems