Now, more than ever, it’s not only convenience but safety we think about when we choose to shop online rather than going into an actual store. Cardinal, a Visa solution, is a global leader in authenticating digital transactions. We work every day to make the digital shopping experience safe, rewarding, and engaging. For over two decades, we’ve been bringing merchants, issuers, and shoppers together in an experience where everybody wins. With a singular focus, proven technology, and dedicated service, we continuously raise the bar for payment authentication around the world. We are one of the leading FinTech companies in Northeast OH. We are proud of what we do and how we do it.
When you work with us, you get the best of two worlds. Cardinal is a small company, with a welcoming, family-like atmosphere. But as a Visa solution, we offer the world-class resources and benefits of a global company. As companies with a worldwide customer base, both Cardinal and Visa realize the benefits of having a diverse employee base, both for our products and customer service. We are dedicated to continuous improvement in all that we do. We use Lean and Agile principles and rituals as the framework for achieving that improvement. To achieve these goals we need accomplished and ambitious people - people that recognize the value that comes with the varying perspectives, and the cultural awareness that comes with our diversity.
This role is eligible for remote work from anywhere in the US, or could be based out of our headquarters in Cleveland, OH.
The Technical Product Manager will be a part of the Global Product group that oversees all product lines for the company. This role will encompass increasing the success of existing products to developing new products and features for the company. The Technical Product Manager role will serve as the internal and external evangelist with a goal of becoming a Product Owner to a dedicated agile team for assigned products that works cross-functionally with Technology, Global Sales, Global Customer Solutions, Global Product, and key customers. This role will primarily be involved with our Issuing Bank authentication platfrom.
So what do we actually do?
Our Global Product team provides products that are used around the world. We are called upon to:
- Help solve problems at a global scale or for specific countries or regions
- We believe in understanding the true problem and ideal solution all based on data and providing the best customer experience.
- Work with our regional representatives and clients all over the world that help us prioritize feature requests
- Lead backlog refinement, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories in partnership with our Product Design team
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to translate business requirements into technical functional requirements and be able to articulate those to the engineering team
- Perform quality assurance controls of new feature releases
- Work with R & D teams to support new innovative features and products
- Partner with Product Delivery and Commercialization teams to create support and training materials for internal and external users.
- Keep abreast with agile best practices and new trends
To fulfill these needs we frequently:
- Participate in agile ceremonies such as Daily Standups, 3-Amigos, Sprint Review, Retrospectives, and Agile Town Halls
- Work with the business teams to dissect problems and create solutions
- Adapt to shifts in cardholder purchase behavior and payment industry
- Maintain and iterate on our customer facing APIs as well as client facing portal applications
- Develop and execute on the roadmap
What we need you to have:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from four-year College, or university;
- In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, a high school diploma/equivalent plus 4 years’ experience will be considered
- 1+ years of Product Experience OR 2+ years of technical software experience
- Hands-on experience with APIs and cloud-based technologies
- Knowledge of Agile and project management tools such as Jira, Confluence, Lucid chart
- Previous experience in end-to-end project management
- Solid understanding of application architectures, databases, SQL, APIs, etc.
- Ability to use data to drive decision making
What we prefer you to have:
- Payments industry knowledge
- Experience working in cross-functional collaborative environments
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and effectively communicate and present
- Proven track record planning and rolling out large-scale product launches
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms. Cardinal/Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Cardinal/Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.