Do you want to work on the most pressing problem of our generation?
We’re building the infrastructure for the net zero transition, and we’re looking for brilliant engineers, designers, and data scientists who want to help define a low carbon future.
Decarbonizing the economy requires a granular, real-time view of where emissions come from and how they might be reduced. We build software to automate the carbon footprinting of supply chains. Banks, traders, and manufacturers use our product to tame the complexity of international supply networks, identify the most carbon-intensive parts, and find greener alternatives. We were part of the Y Combinator Summer 2020 batch and have secured backing from the UK government’s innovation arm, InnovateUK, the NatWest accelerator and the London Business School Incubator.
Job Description: Talent Acquisition Business Partner (part-time contract, 3 months)
Summary: CarbonChain is looking for a Talent Acquisition (TA) Business Partner to support our rapid growth strategy. We are a startup that is working to automate carbon accounting for the world. You will be hiring for 8 (eight) key roles across the business. We appreciate a hands-on recruitment leader who can find and hire the best. You will be responsible for driving our recruitment pipeline in Greenhouse and reporting on the success of an outbound recruitment campaign.
Role: We are looking for a talented and experienced TA business partner specifically to:
- Directly identify talent with carbon accounting experience in O&G, Metals and Minerals and Agriculture
- Facilitate Greenhouse workflows from “search” to “hired”
- Improve Greenhouse ATS features to evolve with the needs of CarbonChain
- Implement recruitment systems and processes
- Set up the company careers page
- Ensure timely responses to maximise the candidate experience
- Provide concise reporting to your key partners
Reporting to: CEO
Location: London, UK (preferred)
- Fluent in Greenhouse ATS functionality
- A power user of LinkedIn Recruiter
- 5+ years of experience recruiting in the industrial sector (O&G, Metals and Mining, Agriculture and Shipping), including sourcing, assessment, and offer management
- A successful track record of hiring for rapid growth at startups
- Strong networker with excellent market knowledge and understanding of the complexities of recruiting for specialist markets
- Data and systems savvy
- Knowledge of the carbon accounting sector
- Fluency in English is a MUST, additional languages will be a plus
- Ability to work independently in a fast-growing international environment
CarbonChain helps companies automate the accounting of their carbon emissions. Most large companies need to account for their carbon emissions to 1) Avoid financial penalties 2) Access cheaper financing 3) Manage stakeholder requirements for carbon disclosure. We currently focus on the extractive industries (i.e., Metals & Mining, Oil & Gas, and Agriculture) and logistics industries, which are responsible for over half of the world’s greenhouse gas emissions.
We’re a team of engineers and sales leaders who previously led in organisations such as Amazon, BCG, Rio Tinto, UBS and Just Eats. Our team founded several software & data startups and have market expertise in Oil & Gas, mining and consulting.
We were part of the Y Combinator Summer 2020 batch, and have recently completed our seed fundraising round.
If you think your skills and experience match what we’re looking for and you’d like to join a Carbon Tech industry unicorn, please get in touch!