Do you want to work on the most pressing problem of our generation?
We’re building the infrastructure for the net zero transition, and we’re looking for brilliant engineers, designers, and data scientists who want to help define a low carbon future.
Decarbonizing the economy requires a granular, real-time view of where emissions come from and how they might be reduced. We build software to automate the carbon footprinting of supply chains. Banks, traders, and manufacturers use our product to tame the complexity of international supply networks, identify the most carbon-intensive parts, and find greener alternatives. We were part of the Y Combinator Summer 2020 batch and have secured backing from the UK government’s innovation arm, InnovateUK, the NatWest accelerator and the London Business School Incubator.
CarbonChain is looking for a carbon emissions data analyst to support the execution, research and delivery of CarbonChain products to customers. You will play a key role in sourcing and processing supply chain emissions data that will directly feed into customer facing products.
We are looking for a hands-on Data Analyst, specifically you would responsible for:
- Processing and standardising data inputs from customers
- Supporting supply chain emissions calculations using customer data inputs, internal systems and emissions data
- Carbon emissions data research and collection from public and private sources
- Estimating time requirements of customer deliverables
- Working in tandem with the CPO to iterate and/or develop internal data sourcing, processing and management processes
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting or a data-driven technical field
- Previous hands-on work experience processing large volumes of data in Excel and/or Google Sheets, familiarity with Google Apps Script a plus
- Knowledge of the commodities sector and supply chain domains
- Familiarity with greenhouse gas emissions accounting and reporting
- Fluency in English is a MUST, additional languages will be a plus
- Ability to work independently, flexibility to work remotely
- Passion for working on climate change solutions
- Enthusiasm for working in a fun, flexible, and mission-driven start-up
What we require from applicants
- Right to work in the UK and willingness to come to London office 2+ days a week
- A passion for environmental issues
- A demonstrated interest in building products and collaborating tightly with engineers
- The grit and energy to work in an early stage startup
If you think your skills and experience match what we’re looking for and you’d like to join a Carbon Tech industry unicorn, please get in touch!