Account Support Specialist
ABOUT HUMAN INTEREST
Human Interest is a Y Combinator-backed company that offers an easy and affordable 401(k) retirement plan for the modern workforce. We're a Series A company disrupting a massive but broken industry through empowering businesses of any size to safeguard the financial futures of their employees -- something that only 14% are able to do today.
Current 401(k) solutions for small businesses are built on legacy software, involve physical paper forms, and are sold with kickbacks to financial advisors whose interests are misaligned with the financial well-being of their clients. We've built an automated, paperless 401(k) that makes it possible for small businesses to offer a 401(k) benefit to their employees, and we’re proud to be working with over 1,000 businesses across the country!
Why Customer Success @ Human Interest?
Human Interest is hiring an additional Customer Support Representative, who will be on the front lines helping people make the most of their 401(k) savings and get on the right path to a secure financial future. Process-driven and people-focused - you may be early in your career, but you are organized, friendly, flexible, and determined to make an impact at an early-stage startup. You are also self-starter and enjoy learning new programs, systems and tools.
As an Customer Support Representative, you'll build relationships with our customers, handle inbound customer inquiries and troubleshoot issues related to our customers' 401(k) retirement accounts. Our customers are at the core of our business, and our Support team is crucial in giving our customers the best experience possible.
This is a full-time role with competitive salary and benefits, based in our downtown San Francisco office.
What you get to do everyday
- Manage a high volume of inbound client inquiries, over the phone and through email
- Work cross-functionally with internal and external partners to solve client issues
- Identify common issues and trends, driving process improvements to solve them permanently
What you bring to the role
- 1+ years of experience in a client facing role - i.e. customer support or account management
- Passionate about serving clients
- Strong organizational skills; you are able to juggle multiple tasks with varying deadlines and stakeholders without dropping the ball
- Communicate with confidence, professionalism and empathy over the phone and through email
- Remain composed in high stress situations and convey empathy for our customers and their situation
- Meticulous attention to detail - rarely making typos and noticing discrepancies
- Financial services credentials or licensing (CFP, CRPC, or equivalent)
- Prior startup experience
Please apply if you don't match everything or are more experienced than that above! We have multiple levels of roles available.
Human Interest is proud to provide amazing benefits and perks including:
- A great 401(k) plan: our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation.
- Top-of-the-line health insurance plans, as well as dental and vision insurance, with premiums fully paid for by the company.
- Flexible PTO policy.
- An annual membership to One Medical Group, with membership fees paid by Human Interest.
- Commuter benefits.
- FSA with an employer contribution of $250 per year.
- Dollar-for-dollar match of employee donations to non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations, up to $500 per year.
- Healthy snacks and drinks available at our office.
- Team retreats and outings.
Diversity and inclusion help us do better as a business, and we deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.