ABOUT HUMAN INTEREST
Human Interest is a Y Combinator-backed company that offers an easy and affordable 401(k) retirement plan for the modern workforce. We're a Series A company disrupting a massive but broken industry through empowering businesses of any size to safeguard the financial futures of their employees -- something that only 14% are able to do today.
Current 401(k) solutions for small businesses are built on legacy software, involve physical paper forms, and are sold with kickbacks to financial advisors whose interests are misaligned with the financial well-being of their clients. We've built an automated, paperless 401(k) that makes it possible for small businesses to offer a 401(k) benefit to their employees, and we’re proud to be working with over 1,000 businesses across the country!
Why Marketing @ Human Interest?
We're a small but nimble team -- a rocket ship about to launch, and you'd be coming on board completely owning all aspects of our paid lead generation efforts! This is an opportunity to build out a complete paid acquisition strategy. You'll get to fully manage the intricacies of budget planning and performance analysis of our paid acquisition strategy.
What you get to do everyday
- Manage key paid user acquisition channels, which could include AdWords, Apple Search, Snapchat ads, ad networks, and other channels in the future
- Manage your channels end to end, including: developing channel strategy, defining targeting, managing creative, setting up campaigns, optimizing campaigns, measuring performance, and deriving insights to inform future campaigns
- Build & execute plans that drive scalable and sustainable growth.
- Work cross-functionally focus teams i.e. Product, Design, Sales, Partnerships, etc...
What bring to the role
- 3-5 years of paid acquisition experience at a fast growing b2b tech company
- Extensive experience with acquiring SMB leads using paid search, paid social, retargeting, and more
- Deep expertise in certain paid channels and have a track record of learning and testing new paid channels quickly
- Track record of delivering big results through meticulous, data-informed analysis
- Strong strategic and analytical skills
- Deep understanding in tracking ROI and experience working with sales teams
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, including ability to coordinate across cross-functional teams
- Quantitative or technical degree highly valued (Statistics, Mathematics, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, etc.)
- Experience with other digital marketing channels—like SEO and content syndication—on a marketing team or ad agency
- Experience in digital agency, strategy consulting, or investment banking
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
- We have a world-class team from diverse backgrounds, each with a track record of success. We come to work every day knowing we're working on an important problem: helping people save for retirement at a critical time when pensions are going extinct and Social Security isn't enough.
We are a Series A company, and we count over 1.000 businesses all over the United States as our lovely customers. We're proud to be working with business owners and employees who are doing amazing work across a variety of industries: technology, construction, retail, medicine, nonprofit, and many more!
- We believe that all individuals deserve the opportunity for a secure financial future. We want idealistic and talented people to join our team of doers and builders.
- You'll be given autonomy and many responsibilities, all while working with a fun and passionate team of entrepreneurs. Above all, you'll help us solve the #1 financial concern for Americans: not having enough money for retirement.
Diversity and inclusion help us do better as a business, and we deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest acknowledges the fundamental value and dignity of all people. We've pledged ourselves to developing and maintaining an environment that respects diverse traditions, ideas, heritages, and experiences. We're committed to honoring our differences by accepting nothing less than equitable treatment of all applicants and employees.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
As an employee benefits company, benefits are very important to us, and Human Interest's philosophy is to be generous when it comes to employees' wellness. Here's what we currently offer:
- A great 401(k) plan: our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation.
- Top-of-the-line health insurance plans, as well as dental and vision insurance, with premiums fully paid for by the company.
- An annual membership to One Medical Group, with membership fees paid by Human Interest.
- Commuter benefits (use pre-tax money to pay for public transportation, with the company contributing $30/mo)
- FSA with an employer contribution of $500 per year.
- Dollar-for-dollar match of employee donations to non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations, up to $500 per year.
- Healthy snacks and drinks available at our office.
- Parental leave policy
- Primary caregivers: 16 weeks PTO
- Secondary caregivers: 8 weeks PTO
- Time off can be taken any time within the first 12 months of the child's birth
- Office just a short walk away from Montgomery BART and MUNI
- Conference room with video games and couches!
- Regular team offsites retreats and fun events
- Well-stocked snack kitchen
- The highest quality coffee and teas
We have a very particular philosophy when it comes to perks. We believe employer funds are best spent on making our team bond and be more productive, while also investing in the long-term physical, financial, and emotional well-being of our employees.