ABOUT HUMAN INTEREST
Human Interest is a Y Combinator-backed company that offers an easy and affordable 401(k) retirement plan for the modern workforce. We're a Series A company disrupting a massive but broken industry through empowering businesses of any size to safeguard the financial futures of their employees -- something that only 14% are able to do today.
Current 401(k) solutions for small businesses are built on legacy software, involve physical paper forms, and are sold with kickbacks to financial advisors whose interests are misaligned with the financial well-being of their clients. We've built an automated, paperless 401(k) that makes it possible for small businesses to offer a 401(k) benefit to their employees, and we’re proud to be working with over 1,000 businesses across the country!
Why Customer Success @ Human Interest?
We’re looking for a Director of Customer Success to lead our customer-facing teams for onboarding and support.
Financial institutions have traditionally had some of the worst customer satisfaction ratings of any industry. We believe that needs to change. Putting the customer first is at the heart of our values, and is the way we'll achieve our mission of helping people achieve a secure financial future.
In this role, you will champion our customers' success through onboarding, communication, and retention initiatives. You'll lead our efforts to deliver an amazing customer experience to our small business clients and their employees who save through our 401(k) product.
What you get to do every day
- Lead, coach, and grow the teams that are on the front lines of helping our customers. Create career pathing and skill development opportunities for your teams
- Define and architect a service model that will scale as we grow
- Spearhead initiatives that improve our servicing efficiency and customer satisfaction
- Develop internal processes in collaboration with our Operations, Compliance, and Sales teams to streamline workflows and create a seamless customer experience
- Manage relationships with the financial institution partners we work with to deliver our 401(k) offering
- Create, optimize, and report on KPIs to measure the health of our customer onboarding, client satisfaction, and retention
- Identify common issues and trends, proactively driving process improvements to solve them permanently
- Serve on the company's leadership team
What you bring to the role
- 6+ years of relevant customer success or client support experience at a SaaS company, including 3+ years in a people management role. Experience managing people managers is a plus.
- Demonstrated track record of proactively spearheading improvements inside a customer success team
- Strategic problem solving skills — you can identify the root of a problem and reveal the best path forward
- Willingness to get your hands dirty, including handling client escalations and acting as an individual contributor where needed
- Skilled relationship builder, with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively in verbal and written forms
- Project management experience
- Ability to remain composed in high stress situations and convey empathy to our team and customers
- Domain knowledge of 401(k) or financial services is a strong plus
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
Why Work With Us?
- We just closed our Series A round of funding, and we count hundreds of businesses all over the United States as our lovely customers. We're proud to be working with business owners and employees who are doing amazing work across a variety of industries: technology, construction, retail, medicine, nonprofit, and many more!
- We have a world-class team from diverse backgrounds, each with a track record of success. We come to work every day knowing we're working on an important problem: helping people save for retirement at a critical time when pensions are going extinct and Social Security isn't enough.
- We believe that all individuals deserve the opportunity for a secure financial future. We want idealistic and talented people to join our team of doers and builders.
- You'll be given autonomy and many responsibilities, all while working with a fun and passionate team of entrepreneurs. Above all, you'll help us solve the #1 financial concern for Americans: not having enough money for retirement.
Diversity and inclusion help us do better as a business, and we deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest acknowledges the fundamental value and dignity of all people. We've pledged ourselves to developing and maintaining an environment that respects diverse traditions, ideas, heritages, and experiences. We're committed to honoring our differences by accepting nothing less than equitable treatment of all applicants and employees.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
As an employee benefits company, benefits are very important to us, and Human Interest's philosophy is to be generous when it comes to employees' wellness. Here's what we currently offer:
- A great 401(k) plan: our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation.
- Top-of-the-line health insurance plans, as well as dental and vision insurance, with premiums fully paid for by the company.
- An annual membership to One Medical Group, with membership fees paid by Human Interest.
- Commuter benefits (use pre-tax money to pay for public transportation, with the company contributing $30/mo)
- FSA with an employer contribution of $500 per year.
- Dollar-for-dollar match of employee donations to non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations, up to $500 per year.
- Healthy snacks and drinks available at our office.
- Parental leave policy
- Primary caregivers: 16 weeks PTO
- Secondary caregivers: 8 weeks PTO
- Time off can be taken any time within the first 12 months of the child's birth
- Office just a short walk away from Montgomery BART and MUNI
- Conference room with video games and couches!
- Regular team offsites retreats and fun events
- Well-stocked snack kitchen
- The highest quality coffee and teas
We have a very particular philosophy when it comes to perks. We believe employer funds are best spent on making our team bond and be more productive, while also investing in the long-term physical, financial, and emotional well-being of our employees.