ABOUT HUMAN INTEREST
Human Interest is a Y Combinator-backed company that offers an easy and affordable 401(k) retirement plan for the modern workforce. We're a Series A company disrupting a massive but broken industry through empowering businesses of any size to safeguard the financial futures of their employees -- something that only 14% are able to do today.
Current 401(k) solutions for small businesses are built on legacy software, involve physical paper forms, and are sold with kickbacks to financial advisors whose interests are misaligned with the financial well-being of their clients. We've built an automated, paperless 401(k) that makes it possible for small businesses to offer a 401(k) benefit to their employees, and we’re proud to be working with over 1,000 businesses across the country!
Why Product @ Human Interest?
We are looking to expand our Product team which sits at the crossroads of business and technology. You will play a key role in launching new features and functionality that continuously improve customer experience. Come join us to make a real impact on people's financial lives!
What you get to do everyday
- Deeply understand the problems that you're tackling through research and regular interaction with customers and our operations teams; define and frame those problems for the team.
- Build strong partnerships with stakeholders from our sales, marketing, services and engineering teams.
- Drive execution for your roadmap from inception to launch and iteration, clarifying scope, removing blockers, and anticipating risk via frequent, clear communication with our engineering, services and management teams.
- Manage the sprint process for your team - prioritize work, run daily standups and ensure that your team remains focused on the most impactful projects.
- Constantly evaluate if your solutions have solved the problem through quantitative and qualitative measures. Have a game plan to continuously measure and improve on these metrics.
- Regularly communicate project status, scope changes and other developments to management.
- Continually find ways to make our development process more efficient so we can deliver high-quality features to internal stakeholders and our customers more quickly.
- In the near future, you will also help us with transitioning to a more platform-oriented architecture.
What you bring to the role
- A bachelor's degree in engineering/computer science with at least 2-4 years experience as a technical or a platform product manager. Previous experience as a software engineer preferred but not a requirement.
- Comfort understanding technical nuances and the desire to gain domain expertise in your areas of ownership.
- Proficiency with SQL and any BI (example: Mode, Looker, Periscope) tools.
- Experience building and delivering successful products.
- Experience working in agile development environments and making process improvements that improve speed and quality of feature delivery.
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
- We have a world-class team from diverse backgrounds, each with a track record of success. We come to work every day knowing we're working on an important problem: helping people save for retirement at a critical time when pensions are going extinct and Social Security isn't enough.
We are a Series A company, and we count over 1.000 businesses all over the United States as our lovely customers. We're proud to be working with business owners and employees who are doing amazing work across a variety of industries: technology, construction, retail, medicine, nonprofit, and many more!
- We believe that all individuals deserve the opportunity for a secure financial future. We want idealistic and talented people to join our team of doers and builders.
- You'll be given autonomy and many responsibilities, all while working with a fun and passionate team of entrepreneurs. Above all, you'll help us solve the #1 financial concern for Americans: not having enough money for retirement.
Diversity and inclusion help us do better as a business, and we deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest acknowledges the fundamental value and dignity of all people. We've pledged ourselves to developing and maintaining an environment that respects diverse traditions, ideas, heritages, and experiences. We're committed to honoring our differences by accepting nothing less than equitable treatment of all applicants and employees.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
As an employee benefits company, benefits are very important to us, and Human Interest's philosophy is to be generous when it comes to employees' wellness. Here's what we currently offer:
- A great 401(k) plan: our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation.
- Top-of-the-line health insurance plans, as well as dental and vision insurance, with premiums fully paid for by the company.
- An annual membership to One Medical Group, with membership fees paid by Human Interest.
- Commuter benefits (use pre-tax money to pay for public transportation, with the company contributing $30/mo)
- FSA with an employer contribution of $500 per year.
- Dollar-for-dollar match of employee donations to non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations, up to $500 per year.
- Healthy snacks and drinks available at our office.
- Parental leave policy
- Primary caregivers: 16 weeks PTO
- Secondary caregivers: 8 weeks PTO
- Time off can be taken any time within the first 12 months of the child's birth
- Office just a short walk away from Montgomery BART and MUNI
- Conference room with video games and couches!
- Regular team offsites retreats and fun events
- Well-stocked snack kitchen
- The highest quality coffee and teas
We have a very particular philosophy when it comes to perks. We believe employer funds are best spent on making our team bond and be more productive, while also investing in the long-term physical, financial, and emotional well-being of our employees.