ABOUT HUMAN INTEREST
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest is building a retirement savings benefit for every small business in the United States. We make it possible for any small business to easily offer their employees a best-in-class 401(k) affordably, and our low-fee investment advice means that their employees will have more money for retirement.
Although only four years old, we're now already providing 401(k) plans for over 1,000 startups and small businesses all over the United States. We're a growing team of 55 that cares deeply about building a successful mission-driven company.
That's why we're looking for a talented Head of Recruiting to ensure we build a team of talented folks while keeping our culture grounded in our mission. Now's the right time to join, as we're about to start scaling up our team in order to keep pace with the rapid growth of our business. If you're excited by building teams, this is the job for you.
- Manage a full-cycle recruiting process from sourcing to offer
- Define and track consistent data-driven hiring metrics, timelines, and goals
- Craft and implement creative ideas for sourcing candidates
- Develop meaningful relationships with candidates while representing the company as a great place to work
- Develop process around pipeline management and interview scheduling
- Create process that ensures internal stakeholders are kept in the loop about the status and priority of open roles
- Communicate, maintain, and regularly present the hiring plan to the entire company
- Manage relationships with external agencies and sourcers
- Scale hiring within Human Interest by leading a team of recruiters
- 5+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience roles (in-house at a startup preferred)
- Track record of success in a metrics-driven recruiting role
- Experience developing and implementing new processes that ensures everyone is on the same page
- Willingness to get ones' hands dirty in sourcing and coordinating with candidates
- Strong presentation skills and written/verbal communication
- Savviness at identifying and closing top candidates
- Experience working with ATS systems (ideally Greenhouse)
- Ability to connect and engage with candidates for technical roles
- Passion for building teams at a rapidly growing startup tackling an important social problem
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
Why Work With Us?
- We just closed our Series A round of funding, and we count hundreds of businesses all over the United States as our lovely customers. We're proud to be working with business owners and employees who are doing amazing work across a variety of industries: technology, construction, retail, medicine, nonprofit, and many more!
- We have a world-class team from diverse backgrounds, each with a track record of success. We come to work every day knowing we're working on an important problem: helping people save for retirement at a critical time when pensions are going extinct and Social Security isn't enough.
- We believe that all individuals deserve the opportunity for a secure financial future. We want idealistic and talented people to join our team of doers and builders.
- You'll be given autonomy and many responsibilities, all while working with a fun and passionate team of entrepreneurs. Above all, you'll help us solve the #1 financial concern for Americans: not having enough money for retirement.
Diversity and inclusion help us do better as a business, and we deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest acknowledges the fundamental value and dignity of all people. We've pledged ourselves to developing and maintaining an environment that respects diverse traditions, ideas, heritages, and experiences. We're committed to honoring our differences by accepting nothing less than equitable treatment of all applicants and employees.
As an employee benefits company, benefits are very important to us, and Human Interest's philosophy is to be generous when it comes to employees' wellness. Here's what we currently offer:
- A great 401(k) plan: our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation.
- Top-of-the-line health insurance plans, as well as dental and vision insurance, with premiums fully paid for by the company.
- An annual membership to One Medical Group, with membership fees paid by Human Interest.
- Commuter benefits (use pre-tax money to pay for public transportation, with the company contributing $30/mo)
- FSA with an employer contribution of $500 per year.
- Dollar-for-dollar match of employee donations to non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations, up to $500 per year.
- Healthy snacks and drinks available at our office.
- Parental leave policy
- Primary caregivers: 16 weeks PTO
- Secondary caregivers: 8 weeks PTO
- Time off can be taken any time within the first 12 months of the child's birth
- Office just a short walk away from Montgomery BART and MUNI
- Conference room with video games and couches!
- Regular team offsites retreats and fun events
- Well-stocked snack kitchen
- The highest quality coffee and teas
We have a very particular philosophy when it comes to perks. We believe employer funds are best spent on making our team bond and be more productive, while also investing in the long-term physical, financial, and emotional well-being of our employees.