Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant experience and technology that enables customized outcomes for patients, doctors, hospitals, insurers, and manufacturers. We are laser focused on creating the best healthcare experience for our customers and driving meaningful value and better outcomes for every participant in the healthcare system. Capsule has raised over $500MM from the best healthcare and technology investors in the world to pursue our mission of building a pharmacy that works for everyone.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes and winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are intensely focused on our customers, are energized by accomplishing ambitious goals, and push themselves and their teammates to be better. We work hard to teach and share our successes to help one another be successful. We anticipate our teammates’ needs and communicate early and often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast and right. We have tremendous ambitions and a lot of fun pursuing them — if that excites you, we’d love to have you join us.
About the Role:
As a Senior Software Engineer at Capsule, you will be responsible for building features and user interfaces that enable a seamless customer experience. You will work closely with the logistics and operations teams to design and develop software to enable them to deliver medication precisely and efficiently. You will work closely with pharmacists to design and develop software that enables them to scale up the number of prescriptions they are able to safely and efficiently fill, making free same-day delivery of medication available to more and more people.
- Lead or participate in implementation of key projects that contribute to the company OKRs.
- Implement the features and user interfaces of Capsule’s applications targeting diverse categories of end users including: consumers, pharmacists, doctors, and logistics personnel.
- Architect efficient and reusable front end systems that drive complex web applications.
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, user-facing experiences, services, and systems.
- Write Technical Specs that communicate architectural approaches and present them to internal peers for review and feedback.
- Provide mentorship to other engineers through code reviews and architecture reviews.
- You drive results in a way that makes everyone better. You accomplish ambitious objectives while uplifting the team around you. You're a magnet for team members looking to get better and be successful.
- You can work both fast and right and don't view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision and accuracy and where 80% gets you to the desired outcome.
- You operate like an owner and expect others to as well. You take personal responsibility and value personal responsibility in others.
- You check your ego at the door. You are interested in finding the right answer vs. always having the right answer.
- 5+ years of overall software engineering experience.
- 3+years experience working with any of following languages Kotlin/Python/Java etc.
- Experience working with relational databases and PostgreSQL.
- Experience contributing to the architecture and system design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- You have been part of a team that owned software components critical to business.
Nice to have:
- Django experience is a plus
- Experience deploying applications through AWS
- A CS degree or equivalent
The starting anticipated earnings for this position is between $170,000 and $210,000. Compensation packages include base pay, competitive benefits, and may include equity in the form of RSUs
Capsule is committed to hiring the best team possible to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. We have a diverse set of problems to solve, and believe that we need a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.