Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant experience and technology that enables customized outcomes for patients, doctors, hospitals, insurers, and manufacturers. We are laser focused on creating the best healthcare experience for our customers and driving meaningful value and better outcomes for every participant in the healthcare system. Capsule has raised over $500MM from the best healthcare and technology investors in the world to pursue our mission of building a pharmacy that works for everyone.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes and winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are intensely focused on our customers, are energized by accomplishing ambitious goals, and push themselves and their teammates to be better. We work hard to teach and share our successes to help one another be successful. We anticipate our teammates’ needs and communicate early and often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast and right. We have tremendous ambitions and a lot of fun pursuing them — if that excites you, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role:
We are seeking Staff Software Engineers to join our Engineering teams. Our engineering teams have clear ownership over their systems which fits into the larger ecosystem and enables our overall mission. As a Staff Software Engineer, you will bring strong technical expertise, leading several key initiatives and delivering high-quality software with a “fast and right” approach. You will be a go-to person for other engineers on our team to learn more about software architecture and systems design.
Some of the things you’ll work on:
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to design, develop and maintain key Capsule systems that solves key customer pain points.
- Lead implementation of key projects that contribute to the company OKRs.
- Apply your knowledge of software engineering principles to build APIs, Services & System Workflows.
- Review product requirements, provide detailed software design and build the software that meets the requirements.
- Write high-quality design documents capturing the software design.
- Develop a strong understanding of overall architecture and ensure the new features or improvements to the system retain the key architectural principles.
- Collaborate with the Engineering Manager and Product Manager to create work-breakdown structure and provide estimates for the items on the roadmap.
- Write high quality and clean code in Kotlin, Python or other programming languages your team uses to build Capsule systems.
- Implement automated tests - unit or integration tests for continued integration and maintenance.
- Create and maintain CI/CD pipelines that automates various stages of software deployment to various environments such as Sandbox, Staging and Production.
- Implement system observability tools such as health dashboards and alerts using Application Metrics and Logging. Develop high-quality playbooks for the alerts that were created.
- Create production-readiness review documents for all new software deployments.
- Join the on-call rotations for your team to provide production support for the operational teams using the systems you own.
- Take part in the team’s Sprint ceremonies such as Standup, Sprint Planning & Sprint retrospectives.
- Provide mentorship to other engineers through code reviews and architecture reviews.
- As one of the senior members of the Engineering team, contribute in the larger organizational initiatives such as Engineering offsites, Engineering All-Hands, Engineering Hiring Processes, etc.
- Kotlin, Python, Postgres, AWS.
- Service-oriented architectures, Distributed Systems, Rest APIs.
- You have 7+ years of overall software engineering experience.
- You are an expert in one or more mainstream programming languages such as Kotlin, Java, C#, Python, etc.
- You have excellent knowledge of Software Engineering, System designs and various architectural patterns.
- You have solid experience in design, development and maintenance of complex systems that solve key business problems.
- You have experience in leading key projects through the full lifecycle.
- You have strong communication skills, oral and written, you’re a trusted partner for fellow engineers and product managers
- You have a history of accomplishing challenging goals in an inspiring way.
- You have experience or strong desire to work in a startup environment.
The starting anticipated earnings for this position is between $190,000 and $230,000. Compensation packages include base pay, competitive benefits, and may include equity in the form of RSUs.
Capsule is committed to hiring the best team possible to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. We have a diverse set of problems to solve, and believe that we need a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.