Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant experience and technology that enables customized outcomes for patients, doctors, hospitals, insurers, and manufacturers. We are laser focused on creating the best healthcare experience for our customers and driving meaningful value and better outcomes for every participant in the healthcare system. Capsule has raised over $500MM from the best healthcare and technology investors in the world to pursue our mission of building a pharmacy that works for everyone.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes and winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are intensely focused on our customers, are energized by accomplishing ambitious goals, and push themselves and their teammates to be better. We work hard to teach and share our successes to help one another be successful. We anticipate our teammates’ needs and communicate early and often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast and right. We have tremendous ambitions and a lot of fun pursuing them — if that excites you, we’d love to have you join us.
About the Role:
As a Pharmacy Technician, you will work in our pharmacy located in Miami to assist with the packaging and shipment of prescription orders directly to patients. Additionally, you may be responsible for the interpretation and data entry of basic prescriptions, prior authorization processing, and troubleshooting adjudication issues and third party rejections.
- Translate prescriptions filled out by the prescriber and enter information in the patient’s profile in accordance with state regulations.
- Use multiple computer systems to enter prescriptions, obtain pharmacy orders, compare to order received, and produce prescription labels.
- Utilize the best method for product packing and delivery based on standard procedures to include types of packaging, unique conditions (i.e. refrigeration), etc. to ensure safe and secure delivery.
- Quality assurance, prescriber, and patient outreach in case of contraindications, drug interactions, and resolution of third party rejections.
- Prepare manual prescription orders by verifying information, pulling appropriate prescription drugs from inventory, and complete necessary scanning and packaging as necessary.
- You take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team. You think ahead to anticipate the needs of your teammates and you give and get all the facts making it easy for others to make decisions.
- You drive results in a way that makes everyone better. You accomplish ambitious objectives while uplifting the team around you. You're a magnet for team members looking to get better and be successful.
- You work hard and want to have fun while you do so. You celebrate wins and remember to enjoy the journey as we build something iconic.
- You can work both fast and right and don't view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision and accuracy and where 80% gets you to the desired outcome.
- You thrive on being pushed and challenged. You communicate effectively both in written form and live / on your feet - you are not fazed by tough questions in the moment.
- You strike the right balance of putting enough work in to share something, but not going off into a corner for weeks at a time to polish something to perfection.
- You operate like an owner & expect others to as well. You take personal responsibility and value personal responsibility in others.
- You check your ego at the door. You are interested in finding the right answer vs. always having the right answer.
- You have a High School Diploma / GED and have 1+ years of prior experience in counting/packing medications.
- You must be a nationally certified and registered technician with the State of Florida.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- You are proficient with a computer and Windows PC applications and are able to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications.
- You possess strong attention to detail, outstanding communication skills, and ability to excel in a team environment.
- You are familiar with general pharmacy terminology (SIG codes, brand and generic names of medications).
- Bilingual (Spanish highly preferred)
Capsule is committed to hiring the best team possible to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. We have a diverse set of problems to solve, and believe that we need a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.