Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant experience and technology that enables customized outcomes for patients, doctors, hospitals, insurers, and manufacturers. We are laser focused on creating the best healthcare experience for our customers and driving meaningful value and better outcomes for every participant in the healthcare system. Capsule has raised over $500MM from the best healthcare and technology investors in the world to pursue our mission of building a pharmacy that works for everyone.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes and winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are intensely focused on our customers, are energized by accomplishing ambitious goals, and push themselves and their teammates to be better. We work hard to teach and share our successes to help one another be successful. We anticipate our teammates’ needs and communicate early and often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast and right. We have tremendous ambitions and a lot of fun pursuing them — if that excites you, we’d love to have you join us.
About the Role
The Business Operations team at Capsule, or “BizOps,” is a team of generalists that own critical initiatives and company goals. BizOps team members are expected to work end to end - from discovery and problem identification to creating a plan and executing to drive outcomes. Your work may range from supporting a leader, to piloting a new growth strategy, launching a product or program, leading a cost efficiency effort, or driving continuous improvement within the operation. You will work with, support, and partner with leaders across Product, Engineering, People team, Customer Operations, Fulfillment, Logistics, Insights, and Finance.
What You’ll Do:
- Support and partner with Business Operations team members to:
- Get deep into operations and metrics of the business to understand and define important problems to solve and identify potential solutions
- Own the development of strategic initiative plans and execute against them - nothing is out of your scope
- Create and maintain initiative operating plans with clearly defined responsibilities, deliverables, and due dates across teams
- You will own discrete work streams within larger initiatives and provide support to BizOps team members by:
- Building objective analyses and metrics dashboards to inform decision-making and track progress toward goals using BI tools like Excel, Looker, SQL
- Identifying opportunities for continuous improvement, defining standards of work (SOPs) and building training for teams across the organization
- Effectively collaborating and communicating with stakeholders across Capsule to ensure alignment on objectives, operating plans, and progress to goal
- 3-5+ years of total experience in (i) start-up and high growth businesses and (ii) consulting, investment banking or other advisory roles
- You have strong quantitative skills and love working in data. You are fluent in excel/Looker/Tableau. Pivot tables are easy
- You are an operator with a bias for action. You are excited to get your hands dirty and have demonstrated measurable results
- You love to break down a complex problem to create order out of chaos; you are comfortable in unstructured environments
- You are low-ego and high-empathy; you consistently work well with a wide range of people and build trust quickly
- You have experience working directly with senior leaders; you are motivated by high-touch collaboration and feedback
- You have experience using qualitative inputs and quantitative data to drive decision-making
- You are intellectually curious, not afraid to ask questions and have a desire to go deep on various parts of the business
- You take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team. You think ahead to anticipate the needs of your teammates and you give and get all the facts making it easy for others to make decisions. You empower those around you to be successful and check your ego at the door
- You can work both fast and right and don't view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision and accuracy and where 80% gets you to the desired outcome
Capsule is committed to hiring the best team possible to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. We have a diverse set of problems to solve, and believe that we need a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.