Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant experience and technology that enables customized outcomes for patients, doctors, hospitals, insurers, and manufacturers. We are laser focused on creating the best healthcare experience for our customers and driving meaningful value and better outcomes for every participant in the healthcare system. Capsule has raised over $500MM from the best healthcare and technology investors in the world to pursue our mission of building a pharmacy that works for everyone.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes and winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are intensely focused on our customers, are energized by accomplishing ambitious goals, and push themselves and their teammates to be better. We work hard to teach and share our successes to help one another be successful. We anticipate our teammates’ needs and communicate early and often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast and right. We have tremendous ambitions and a lot of fun pursuing them — if that excites you, we’d love to have you join us.
About the Role:
As a Pharmacy Automation Associate, you will be at the frontlines of Capsule’s mission to build a better, nicer, kinder, smarter pharmacy to make life simpler and healthier for everyone. You will be responsible for the maintenance activities of an automated pharmacy fulfillment center including but not limited to: mechanical systems, pneumatic systems, and sensory systems.
- Support the maintenance activities for systems including but not limited to: mechanical systems (refrigeration, conveyor, capping machines, label applicators, robotic fulfillment devices, HVAC, and power generation), pneumatic systems (diverters, holdbacks, and compressors), and sensory systems (optical sensors, RFID sensors, precision measurement scales, and interfaces).
- Review and follow scheduled maintenance plan to ensure automated systems are working at peak capacity.
- Ensures the security and accountability of spare parts/tools as per inventory and storage protocols.
- Ability to analyze, repair and maintain mechanical conveyance systems of all types and sizes. Ensure the conveyors and associated fulfillment equipment are running at peak operability for the maximum amount of time between repairs.
- Report on system performance and alert senior management on the status of ongoing repairs, issues, or projects.
- You take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team. You think ahead to anticipate the needs of your teammates and you give all the facts making it easy for others to make decisions.
- You work hard and want to have fun while you do so. You celebrate wins and remember to enjoy your journey as we build something iconic.
- You can work both fast and right and don’t view them as trade-offs.
- You operate like an owner and take personal responsibility for your work.
- You think on your feet and can shift priorities quickly without losing sight of your overall goals.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Prior experience in automation facilities maintenance is a plus.
- Must have working knowledge of engineered diagrams and schematics. Ability to read and interpret diagrams and drawings a MUST
- Working electrical knowledge- able to troubleshoot and repair AC and DC circuits to include but not limited to interface devices, relays, time delay circuits and fuses, solenoids, sensors, and motors.
- Professional communication skills both verbal and written
- Understanding of process flow between interconnected devices, and able to follow signal pathways.
- Ability to work with control circuits using such devices as photo eyes, solenoid valves, limit switches, indicating lights and safety switches
- Ability to lift and carry 20 - 100 lbs
- Large percent of time performing tedious tasks in varying positions (stooping, standing, kneeling, etc.)
- Ability to lift/carry 50lbs unassisted a MUST
Capsule is committed to hiring the best team possible to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. We have a diverse set of problems to solve, and believe that we need a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.