Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant experience and technology that enables customized outcomes for patients, doctors, hospitals, insurers, and manufacturers. We are laser focused on creating the best healthcare experience for our customers and driving meaningful value and better outcomes for every participant in the healthcare system. Capsule has raised over $500MM from the best healthcare and technology investors in the world to pursue our mission of building a pharmacy that works for everyone.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes and winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are intensely focused on our customers, are energized by accomplishing ambitious goals, and push themselves and their teammates to be better. We work hard to teach and share our successes to help one another be successful. We anticipate our teammates’ needs and communicate early and often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast and right. We have tremendous ambitions and a lot of fun pursuing them — if that excites you, we’d love to have you join us.
About the Role:
As a Pharmacy Intern, you will expand your pharmacy background and assist our Pharmacy Operations team with daily workflow responsibilities.
- Assist pharmacists on patient counseling and prescriber outreach as directed by a pharmacist in cases of contraindications, drug interactions, and resolution of third party rejections.
- Manage the transfers of new and existing prescriptions and use multiple computer systems to enter prescriptions, obtain pharmacy orders, compare to order received, and produce prescription labels.
- Work with pharmacists per work instructions, follow workflows and procedures, with knowledge of CA laws and regulations.
- Translate prescriptions filled out by the prescriber and enter information in the patient’s profile in accordance with state regulations.
- Master our internal systems: develop full operational knowledge and understanding of the pharmacy and manage internal and external pharmacy operations (including communications with physicians and insurers).
- You take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team. You think ahead to anticipate the needs of your teammates and you give and get all the facts making it easy for others to make decisions.
- You drive results in a way that makes everyone better. You accomplish ambitious objectives while uplifting the team around you. You're a magnet for team members looking to get better and be successful.
- You work hard and want to have fun while you do so. You celebrate wins and remember to enjoy the journey as we build something iconic.
- You can work both fast and right and don't view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision and accuracy and where 80% gets you to the desired outcome.
- You thrive on being pushed and challenged. You communicate effectively both in written form and live / on your feet - you are not fazed by tough questions in the moment.
- You strike the right balance between putting enough work in to share something, but not going off into a corner for weeks at a time to polish something to perfection.
- You must have a Pharmacy Intern License issued by the State of Illinois.
- You must currently be enrolled in Pharmacy School at an accredited university.
- You have a minimum of 3+ months of experience as a pharmacy technician in a high volume or specialty setting.
- You're proficient with computers and Windows PC applications including the ability to navigate and learn new/complex computer system applications.
- You have strong attention to detail, outstanding communication skills, ability to excel in a team environment.
Capsule is committed to hiring the best team possible to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. We have a diverse set of problems to solve, and believe that we need a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.