Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant experience and technology that enables customized outcomes for patients, doctors, hospitals, insurers, and manufacturers. We are laser focused on creating the best healthcare experience for our customers and driving meaningful value and better outcomes for every participant in the healthcare system. Capsule has raised over $500MM from the best healthcare and technology investors in the world to pursue our mission of building a pharmacy that works for everyone.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes and winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are intensely focused on our customers, are energized by accomplishing ambitious goals, and push themselves and their teammates to be better. We work hard to teach and share our successes to help one another be successful. We anticipate our teammates’ needs and communicate early and often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast and right. We have tremendous ambitions and a lot of fun pursuing them — if that excites you, we’d love to have you join us.
About the Role:
- Build scalable, fault-tolerant batch and real time data pipelines to power Capsule’s consumer and internal applications, operational workflows, and business intelligence
- Discover, define and implement dimensional models to enable data driven decision making and arm our Insights and operations teams with data
- Work closely with both non-technical reporting customers and fellow engineers to design a data platform that makes Capsule’s data accessible to and usable by everyone
- Operate and maintain Capsule’s data infrastructure which spans an array of AWS managed services and self-hosted open source big data technologies
- Collaborate with SRE teams to deploy applications that are repeatable, observable, and fault tolerant.
- You take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team. You think ahead to anticipate the needs of your teammates and you give and get all the facts making it easy for others to make decisions.
- You drive results in a way that makes everyone better. You accomplish ambitious objectives while uplifting the team around you. You're a magnet for team members looking to get better and be successful.
- You work hard and want to have fun while you do so. You celebrate wins and remember to enjoy the journey as we build something iconic.
- You can work both fast and right and don't view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision and accuracy and where 80% gets you to the desired outcome.
- You thrive on being pushed and challenged. You communicate effectively both in written form and live / on your feet - you are not fazed by tough questions in the moment.
- You strike the right balance between putting enough work in to share something, but not going off into a corner for weeks at a time to polish something to perfection.
- You operate like an owner and expect others to as well. You take personal responsibility and value personal responsibility in others.
- You check your ego at the door. You are interested in finding the right answer vs. always having the right answer.
- You have expertise in SQL, with the ability to perform analysis and write complex transformations using the full breadth of the SQL language
- You have experience in ETL/ELT, data modeling, data warehouse technical architecture, and implementing data ingestion pipelines to enable analytics and business intelligence
- You're fluent in at least one general purpose programming language (Python, Java, Scala, Go, Ruby, C++, etc…), Python preferred.
- You have a history of building scalable batch and realtime data pipelines
- You're experienced working with Amazon Web Services, certifications preferred
- You're familiar with with Big Data query engines and MPP databases such as Presto/Hive/Snowflake/Redshift
- You are experienced with real-time data processing, leveraging messaging technologies (Rabbit, SNS/SQS, Kinesis)
- You are experienced with containerized and serverless deployment
Capsule is committed to hiring the best team possible to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. We have a diverse set of problems to solve, and believe that we need a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.