Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant experience and technology that enables customized outcomes for patients, doctors, hospitals, insurers, and manufacturers. We are laser focused on creating the best healthcare experience for our customers and driving meaningful value and better outcomes for every participant in the healthcare system. Capsule has raised over $500MM from the best healthcare and technology investors in the world to pursue our mission of building a pharmacy that works for everyone.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes and winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are intensely focused on our customers, are energized by accomplishing ambitious goals, and push themselves and their teammates to be better. We work hard to teach and share our successes to help one another be successful. We anticipate our teammates’ needs and communicate early and often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast and right. We have tremendous ambitions and a lot of fun pursuing them — if that excites you, we’d love to have you join us.
About the Role:
As a Pharmacy Technician - Data Entry & Processing, you will be responsible for the accurate reading, interpretation of, and data entry of all prescriptions into the computer system. Additionally, you may be responsible for secondary billing and troubleshooting third party rejections.
- Accurately calculate prescription dosages, accept proper insurance payments, and verify patient insurance.
- Translate prescriptions filled out by the prescriber and enter information in the patient’s profile in accordance with state regulations.
- Use multiple computer systems to enter prescriptions, obtain pharmacy orders, compare to order received, and produce prescription labels.
- Quality assurance, prescriber, and patient outreach in case of contraindications, drug interactions, and resolution of third party rejections.
- You take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team.
- You drive results in a way that makes everyone better.
- You work hard and want to have fun while you do so.
- You can work both fast and right and don't view them as trade-offs.
- You communicate effectively both in written form and live / on your feet.
- You operate like an owner and expect others to as well.
- You check your ego at the door.
- You have 1 year or more of experience as a Pharmacy Technician within a mid-high volume pharmacy (retail, mail order, specialty, or long term care).
- You have a High School Diploma / GED. (Bachelor's Degree preferred)
- You are familiar with general pharmacy terminology (SIG codes, brand vs generic names of medications, etc.)
- You have previous customer service experience in a pharmacy setting and continuously strive to delight customers.
- You are proficient with technology and are able to navigate and learn new, complex computer system applications.
- You have reliable wifi and laptop with audio/video capabilities.
- You are punctual and possess strong attention to detail, outstanding communication skills, and an ability to excel in a team environment.
- You are available and comfortable working evenings/closing shift + rotating weekends.
- PTCB certification strongly preferred.
Please note this position will report to the New York, NY location upon our return to office.
Capsule is committed to hiring the best team possible to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. We have a diverse set of problems to solve, and believe that we need a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.