Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant experience and technology that enables customized outcomes for patients, doctors, hospitals, insurers, and manufacturers. We are laser focused on creating the best healthcare experience for our customers and driving meaningful value and better outcomes for every participant in the healthcare system. Capsule has raised over $500MM from the best healthcare and technology investors in the world to pursue our mission of building a pharmacy that works for everyone.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes and winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are intensely focused on our customers, are energized by accomplishing ambitious goals, and push themselves and their teammates to be better. We work hard to teach and share our successes to help one another be successful. We anticipate our teammates’ needs and communicate early and often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast and right. We have tremendous ambitions and a lot of fun pursuing them — if that excites you, we’d love to have you join us.
About the Role:
Capsule is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join our growing Financial, Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team in our New York City HQ. This person will support all aspects of financial planning, reporting and analysis as they relate to Opex, prepare variance analyses to help department heads and key stakeholders fully understand their respective P&Ls, and work on ad hoc modeling to provide data-driven decision support to key functions across the organization. This person will be a critical part of a visible, cross-functional team and will help prepare relevant reporting as we expand nationally.
- Support the preparation of the monthly internal financials for in-depth review.
- Continuously improve reporting processes to drive efficient monthly and quarterly reporting including the build and update reports to reflect analyses or insights.
- Prepare templates and analytics for budget holders to use for forecasting and support with continuous improvements of the consolidated model for budget and forecasts.
- Support with the preparation of information for the budget and forecast summaries.
- Work with Accounting and other FP&A team members to investigate any department related P&L questions ensuring stakeholder needs are met.
- Deliver ad hoc analyses that support attainment of our objectives and key results.
- You take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team. You think ahead to anticipate the needs of your teammates and you give and get all the facts making it easy for others to make decisions.
- You drive results in a way that makes everyone better. You accomplish ambitious objectives while uplifting the team around you. You're a magnet for team members looking to get better and be successful.
- You work hard and want to have fun while you do so. You celebrate wins and remember to enjoy the journey as we build something iconic.
- You can work both fast and right and don't view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision and accuracy and where 80% gets you to the desired outcome.
- You thrive on being pushed and challenged. You communicate effectively both in written form and live / on your feet - you are not fazed by tough questions in the moment.
- You strike the right balance between putting enough work in to share something, but not going off into a corner for weeks at a time to polish something to perfection.
- You operate like an owner and expect others to as well. You take personal responsibility and value personal responsibility in others.
- You check your ego at the door. You are interested in finding the right answer vs. always having the right answer.
- You have 3+ years of work experience in FP&A, in a highly complex organization that is scaling rapidly
- You are a Microsoft Excel master with the ability to create robust, scalable, and flexible financial and operational models
- You have the ability to distill complex information into simple and actionable insights
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are highly organized, independent, and self-motivated; committed to delivering consistently accurate and high-quality work product
- You are well-versed in financial systems like NetSuite
Capsule is committed to hiring the best team possible to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. We have a diverse set of problems to solve, and believe that we need a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.